By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Reviews God of War Collection - 9.4

Zones said:
sabby_e17 said:
Why the hell did SCEE have to delay it here? It would have been so good if I could play GOW Collection this year before all the big games come out.

Delay?

They never announced the release date!

Yes but its coming out 2009 in NA while in EU its coming out in 2010. That isn't fair...I want it at the same time.

Around the Network

so they compared a PS2 port to uncharted? ..... good going

pass, bring on gow3

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Vetteman94 said:
Its not really definitive when the original PS2 versions scored a 9.8 & a 9.7.

You don't understand what they mean be definitive.

Also, this game is based on current gen standards. They didn't compare the graphics to Uncharted 2, in the original review.

Next, this game is a port of another game, and thus, reduced in "score" even though it's improved.

This game is improved in every way from the original, including a full screen 16:9 mode with no black bars, HD graphics, improved framerate, and twice the amount of game at a lower price than the other games were when they launched.

In other words, this is the best way to play GoW 1 and 2, period. Each game is far superior to the original version. I think you misunderstood the meaning, and got hung up on meaningless tenths of a point.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

sabby_e17 said:
Zones said:
sabby_e17 said:
Why the hell did SCEE have to delay it here? It would have been so good if I could play GOW Collection this year before all the big games come out.

Delay?

Yes but its coming out 2009 in NA while in EU its coming out in 2010. That isn't fair...I want it at the same time.

It's not fair, I agree. I think the game will tank if it releases close to GoW III in the crowded first quarter of 2010.

I think it's best if they give away a copy of the collection with the unannounced God of War III Limited Edition in Europe.

Around the Network

It seems it will sell good. I don't know if it will do 1m though but it should. I know I'm buying it. Throphies should be easy to get. I think Sony will do more PS2 games in HD soon.

Zones said:
sabby_e17 said:
Zones said:
sabby_e17 said:

Delay?

It's not fair, I agree. I think the game will tank if it releases close to GoW III in the crowded first quarter of 2010.

I think it's best if they give away a copy of the collection with the unannounced God of War III Limited Edition in Europe.

Yeh, but it would have been so much better if SCEE released it this year prefrebaly in December. Next year will start with a bang in January and I don't want to be playing a revamped PS2 game(s) while I could be playing something thats a proper current gen game.

I'm I the only one who thinks it's pointless to re review games ? but then again I don't believe in the game industry reviews (especially IGN) so ...

Never played the first two on PS2. So this will be alot of fun, 2 games for the price of 2/3 of a full game :D

And i thought that 9.4 for a PS2 remake was quite impressive. I was expecting it to be in the range of 8.5

TheThunder said:
I'm I the only one who thinks it's pointless to re review games ? but then again I don't believe in the game industry reviews (especially IGN) so ...

i never trusted IGN , they rate popular games high and not popular ones low.