By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Whoa, did the numbers just change a bunch?

If you say the wii only has 430k units in the wild at the end of September with 13.5mil shipped, ok then that sounds fine. The 360 has shipped around 14mil 360s at the end of September, are you saying that the 360 has around 2mil in the wild?

Around the Network

everyone complaining at readjustments of "estimated" sales data once more information is out needs to understand what an estimate based on a sample is.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Well it is a bit surprising, cause now the Wii is over a million units ahead of the xbox360. I trust ioi's judgement on this. One thing though, do we have any data that directly shows lower shipments of Wii for japan?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@ johnlucas, this has basically thrown your prediction into everyones face

i mean i was guessing there would be roughly 6 million Wiis available November and December, which before meant 18.5-19 million Wiis by the end of the year....Now i am certain of a minimum of 19, but probably near if not over 20 million.

Griffin..... In the UK i see generally 5-10 360s per games shop i go in (there may be more in the back).
Last christmas Microsoft shipped a life-to-date of 10.4 million 360s to retail yet not even 8 million sold to consumers.....this is something Sony does quite a lot too, if you look at the PSP shipments they seem to be really high, then really low...thing is, Microsoft hasn't slowed down the rest of this years shipments to compensate for the mass of extras last christmas, so their shipments have basically kept in line with the 360 selling rate, even though they went over by 2 million last christmas.

John is insanely right again.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

1 million. In absolute terms, it's a lot. But in Wii/360 sales terms, it's less than 10% already.

The more we go forward in this generation, the higher errors and corrections we'll have, if you can't handle that because "OMG HUGE UNDERTRACKING/OVERTRACKING" then perhaps you shouldn't be posting at a sales website to begin with.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

TWRoO said:
@ johnlucas, this has basically thrown your prediction into everyones face

i mean i was guessing there would be roughly 6 million Wiis available November and December, which before meant 18.5-19 million Wiis by the end of the year....Now i am certain of a minimum of 19, but probably near if not over 20 million.

Griffin..... In the UK i see generally 5-10 360s per games shop i go in (there may be more in the back).
Last christmas Microsoft shipped a life-to-date of 10.4 million 360s to retail yet not even 8 million sold to consumers.....this is something Sony does quite a lot too, if you look at the PSP shipments they seem to be really high, then really low...thing is, Microsoft hasn't slowed down the rest of this years shipments to compensate for the mass of extras last christmas, so their shipments have basically kept in line with the 360 selling rate, even though they went over by 2 million last christmas.

Hahahahahaha. That's the way I love it.

I was looking over my first posts here last night and looking at the disbelief and disparaging of my predictions. And I just smiled a broad smile.

Granted I overestimated their production capacity for the Americas for July and the summer. That one was a seat-of-my-pantser there but I was very happy at seeing that old prediction from March 14, 2007 come true. Never had a doubt and it happened pretty much like I always said it would. Moving practically a million a month until holiday season starts when it REALLY revs up.

Neos said:

John is insanely right again.

Isn't it fun being 'insane'? Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Where's Christopher_G2? He's the one who saddled me with the name Official VGChartz Idiot.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Johnlucas.

The official VGChartz prediction expert.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Gahh... who likes this avatar?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

ioi, i have a small request... i noticed that the numbers for the wii just changed again, but down 500k this time. Is it possible for you to post a comment every time you do this kind of twitching. i am kind of lost. First europe was undertracked then overtracked? i'm sure you got new data to confirm that, but i would love to hear about it. thanks anyways for the site and your time