By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

My younger brother got NSMB Wii for Christmas, so I was finally able to get my first taste of the game.

First impression: Is this game being played in molasses, or has Mario lost some quickness in his old age? It just seems like momentum takes longer to both build and lose in this game than the other 2D games.

Once I got used to that though, the game was so much fun. We ended up playing all the recommended Coin Battle levels and the recommended Free Mode levels in three player. Later I got to play the regular game in two player up through 2-4 or 2-5. It is hard to describe how much fun I had. I don't think I have had this much fun with a video game since...well, maybe never. Arguing, laughing, fighting, cooperating; it was just craziness.

I'm going to have to pick up my own copy.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

LOL, I played at my cousin today and it rocked, but I don't like nes-style, it sucks

^^^ what's the point of that video?

morenoingrato said:
^^^ what's the point of that video?

my bad, did it by mistake (dont ask how, lol)

still whilst im here i may as well talk about this game.

Im on world 3 atm, been going through taking my time trying to get all the star coins, what a great game.

How hard do the later levels get?

Around the Network

Just need to beat the last boss which is epic btw

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Today I have received stars number four and five, so I have now completely finished the game. I got to say it's awesome. Really on par with SMW and SMB3, and that means nothing less than epic. Can't wait for a continuation.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Jski said:
It seems like a fun game though i only played one player so far i just wanding can you get it so the game cube controller will work insted of using wii remote?

No, I'm afraid you need the Wiimote to play.

noname2200 said:
Jski said:
It seems like a fun game though i only played one player so far i just wanding can you get it so the game cube controller will work insted of using wii remote?

Dam! the wiimote is not eragomly made (i killed that spelling made in such a way that makes it most conftable for a human to hold) so if it you play it your hands will start to heart! They realy need to make a wiimote that looks like game cube contoler.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Jski said:
noname2200 said:
Jski said:

Dam! the wiimote is not eragomly made (i killed that spelling made in such a way that makes it most conftable for a human to hold) so if it you play it your hands will start to heart! They realy need to make a wiimote that looks like game cube contoler.

You can use the nunchuk as well, though. It's easier on the hands for some people.