By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Lolcislaw said:
Finally started playing properly , got home from University today and me and my friend completed first World. one of the best games of all time ! Next im gonna get my family involved should be awesome

Dude. World 1 is the worst of all the levels. It gets better and better as you go!

Also, I posted this elsewhere, but I'll add it here too:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/nsmb/vol2_page1.jsp

Some of the more interesting facts:

-Most of Mario 3's developers did not want Raccoon Mario

-The original Zelda and the original Super Mario were developed at the same time by the same team; Zelda was originally expected to release first.

-The arcade game in Mario 3 was the team's compromise for putting some kind of simultaneous multiplayer in a Mario game.

-World 1-1 in the original Mario was the last level they created.

-The trick for making Mario move smoothly was created by HAL, not Miyamoto's team (Miyamoto to staff: Why do you have to go to another company to find this stuff out?")

-Goombas were the last enemy created, and they only exist because some found the turtles too hard.

-The "P" in "P-wing" stands for "Paratroopa."

-Miyamoto and Nikaga slept together!

Around the Network

Yummy

about the shortages, i wouldn't think using a different color of plastic would complicate the process of making the product that much, but i could be wrong.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:
about the shortages, i wouldn't think using a different color of plastic would complicate the process of making the product that much, but i could be wrong.

Nah, you're probably correct; I was just making a lame joke. That said, I honestly have no idea what the process is, and it's true that factories produce materials slower if there's anything in the process that isn't uniform...Most likely though, the game is just that popular worldwide* and the DVD factories are having a tough time keeping up with ALL the holiday games.

*Apparently the game's not doing as fantastically in Europe/Australia.

I can't wait... I'll probably get it from Tuesday to Saturday...

Around the Network

I'll finally get it tomorrow tuesday, in the next 22 hours, YAY

noname2200 said:
Lolcislaw said:
Finally started playing properly , got home from University today and me and my friend completed first World. one of the best games of all time ! Next im gonna get my family involved should be awesome

Dude. World 1 is the worst of all the levels. It gets better and better as you go!

Also, I posted this elsewhere, but I'll add it here too:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/nsmb/vol2_page1.jsp

Some of the more interesting facts:

-Most of Mario 3's developers did not want Raccoon Mario

-The original Zelda and the original Super Mario were developed at the same time by the same team; Zelda was originally expected to release first.

-The arcade game in Mario 3 was the team's compromise for putting some kind of simultaneous multiplayer in a Mario game.

-World 1-1 in the original Mario was the last level they created.

-The trick for making Mario move smoothly was created by HAL, not Miyamoto's team (Miyamoto to staff: Why do you have to go to another company to find this stuff out?")

-Goombas were the last enemy created, and they only exist because some found the turtles too hard.

-The "P" in "P-wing" stands for "Paratroopa."

-Miyamoto and Nikaga slept together!

Actually I love so much World 1 and 3. Normally, I hate Ice World.

Got it for Xmas, played with my brother and my mother (roffle!)

Stopped halfway through World 3. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Some of those levels are crazy, especially with other people to contend with.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Got it for Xmas, played with my brother and my mother (roffle!)

Stopped halfway through World 3. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Some of those levels are crazy, especially with other people to contend with.

Friends and family: the greatest enemy that Mario has ever known.

It seems like a fun game though i only played one player so far i just wanding can you get it so the game cube controller will work insted of using wii remote?

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.