By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

The last level was a BLAST!

just beaten the WHOLE game...

what was your favorite part of 9-8

Mines was when the giant bullet bills appear and scared the sh*t out of me and my brotherlol

Though I despised 9-7 so much... its full of cheat

Around the Network

Last level was easy. 9-7 made me mad.....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

last level is easy. Is just really fun. 9-7 was a pain in the arse! did you see the super skill video for it?

I wanted to ask: are all the levels playable in coin Battle?, I have seen the videos and they only show recomended ones

I have to say, I'm deeply impressed by the variety that Nintendo crammed into this game's levels, especially in light of how they never change the game mechanics mid-stream like they do in Galaxy.

Like SMB3, each level has its own unique feature/gimmick, but unlike SMB 3 there aren't many levels you can blaze through in under fifteen seconds. Like SMW, most levels are packed with secrets and alternate paths (despite their apparently linear nature!), but unlike World this game manages to make each level individually memorable. And again, they do all of this without once changing the game mechanics: at no point does this platformer morph into a rolling game, or a puzzler.

Hats off Nintendo: you plum done good.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
I have to say, I'm deeply impressed by the variety that Nintendo crammed into this game's levels, especially in light of how they never change the game mechanics mid-stream like they do in Galaxy.

Like SMB3, each level has its own unique feature/gimmick, but unlike SMB 3 there aren't many levels you can blaze through in under fifteen seconds. Like SMW, most levels are packed with secrets and alternate paths (despite their apparently linear nature!), but unlike World this game manages to make each level individually memorable. And again, they do all of this without once changing the game mechanics: at no point does this platformer morph into a rolling game, or a puzzler.

Hats off Nintendo: you plum done good.

This is true. Each stage is different, but it's subtle enough in most cases that you don't realize you're being introduced to something new pretty much every time. It doesn't come across as gimmicky, in other words, but it also avoids being stale.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

At the same time I miss it, I'm also glad the Sun on SMB3 desert stages didn't make an appearance. As a kid that thing always made me mad.

Draqonic said:
At the same time I miss it, I'm also glad the Sun on SMB3 desert stages didn't make an appearance. As a kid that thing always made me mad.

That was a fun course.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

morenoingrato said:
I wanted to ask: are all the levels playable in coin Battle?, I have seen the videos and they only show recomended ones

yep. The recommended courses were unique to coin battle, so there's no wonder that videos showed them.

But yes, all courses are playable in coin battle.

Finally beat the game! The stages are pretty easy single player (with the exception of a few stars), though I must agree with everyone how well designed the stages are. 9-7 was pretty tough, though I managed a 3 star run (starting small) after the 5th try. It's easy if you  9-4's last star gave me more trouble, I'd get hit at the end every time...

Most of the secrets in the game aren't too bad, other than some of the secret paths, most of the stars can be found without hint movies (I only needed help with 2). It's also easier to find with multiplayer (more eyes / players does wonders).

Ah, damn. I'm really amazed at how great this game turned out. We really do need more great 2D games nowadays. The genre needs some games with the AAA treatment!

Alright, off to find the last of the secret exits for my 5th star!
edit: And I'm done! I was only missing the warp from World 5. I've already managed 40 hours on this game, with much more to come thanks to its replayability / multiplayer. 2009 wasn't so bad for Nintendo after all...