By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Draqonic said:
Gnizmo said:
Draqonic said:
Well games completely finished (as said per the game, 5 Stars on save)

9-6 and 9-7 weren't that difficult, I definitely found SMW end stages much more difficult.

Then you don't remember Secret Star Road that well. Most of the levels were very easy. All but maybe one or two were completely trivialized by the ever present Cape too. Only Secret Star Road 2 was more difficult. The rest were comparable or easier.

Yeh now that i look back I realize that they were very comparable.  Star Road 2, was the one with the inflatable mario right? Having to navigate as a blimp through tight spaces?

Yeah, Tubular i think it was called. That was the only one that really curled your hair.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Draqonic said:
Gnizmo said:
Draqonic said:
Well games completely finished (as said per the game, 5 Stars on save)

9-6 and 9-7 weren't that difficult, I definitely found SMW end stages much more difficult.

Then you don't remember Secret Star Road that well. Most of the levels were very easy. All but maybe one or two were completely trivialized by the ever present Cape too. Only Secret Star Road 2 was more difficult. The rest were comparable or easier.

Yeh now that i look back I realize that they were very comparable.  Star Road 2, was the one with the inflatable mario right? Having to navigate as a blimp through tight spaces?

Yeah, Tubular i think it was called. That was the only one that really curled your hair.

Damn that stage was so frustrating! A slight error and down you go.

Signature goes here!

Mr Khan said:
nordlead said:
Mr Khan said:

I'm thinking the Penguin Suit could be a big help on 9-7, much like how the Propeller suit pretty much broke 9-1. Though from my limited experience with trying 9-7, it does seem like momentum is important. The longer you wait, the more precarious your position becomes.

I had to rely on pure luck to get some of those world 7 coins. 2nd coin on 7-3 i found by randomly jumping and finding the invisible block that spawns the vine that goes up to where the coin is, and the 3rd coin in 7's Ghost House i really agonized over, because i was unaware the level had a hidden exit, and i happened to see the boxing ghost punch through what appeared to be solid wall at a point

2nd coin in Ludwig's castle was bad, too. Hiding it under a warp-pipe that was itself hidden in the cloudy fringes was devious of them

please remember to blank out spoilers as this game hasn't been out long and I'm sure some people like me haven't gotten all the secrets yet.

Ah, sorry.

Though what i said wasn't too too bad. Didn't enumerate where specifically in those stages it would be. But i'll be more careful

It wasn't really aimed at you specifically and was really a reminder for everyone.

I enjoy reading about others experiences, but I'd rather find all the coins myself without help.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The reward for beating the game without the super guide popping up isn't even worth it imo. If you didn't do it the first time its pointless to start a new file. It just makes the stars sparkle on the title screen.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I agree with all that said 9-7 was hardest. My dad apparently counted how many times I died, and said 107 before I finally beat with all the star coins. I'm not sure this is accurate, but it sure felt like that much. :/

He was laughing at me saying how much trouble 9-8 would be for me. His face when I beat it first try was priceless.

I now have 4 stars, including the one where no green box was allowed. Now to find all the cannons.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
I agree with all that said 9-7 was hardest. My dad apparently counted how many times I died, and said 107 before I finally beat with all the star coins. I'm not sure this is accurate, but it sure felt like that much. :/

He was laughing at me saying how much trouble 9-8 would be for me. His face when I beat it first try was priceless.

I now have 4 stars, including the one where no green box was allowed. Now to find all the cannons.

I have 5 stars and the green box popped up 2 times for me.....

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:
RCTjunkie said:

I have 5 stars and the green box popped up 2 times for me.....

Really? Some websites said you can't get a 5th star if that box appears.

If that's true, then I just started over a game, deleting 5 hours of work for nothing. :/

Star 1 - Beat the game any way.

Star 2 - Collect all 24 Star Coins in World 9.

Star 3 - Beat every "normal" level in the game.

Star 4 - Collect all 207 Star Coins in the first 8 Worlds.

Star 5 - Beat every level, find every secret goal and use all of the Warp Cannons.

Don't use super guide/let it appear to make the 5 stars sparkle. 

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:

Star 1 - Beat the game any way.

Star 2 - Collect all 24 Star Coins in World 9.

Star 3 - Beat every "normal" level in the game.

Star 4 - Collect all 207 Star Coins in the first 8 Worlds.

Star 5 - Beat every level, find every secret goal and use all of the Warp Cannons.

Don't use super guide/let it appear to make the 5 stars sparkle. 

Ah. The last line threw me off. Thanks.

At least now my stars sparkle, even if it's like that retarted vampire.

Okay, worlds 5 and 6 down. Not too hard. The maze-like ghost house of world 5 was really the toughest time i had there, plus one coin that was almost randomly hidden on that stage in world 5 with the boat that can only hold 5 enemies before it sinks. World 6's fortress was pretty tough, but that place was just tough overall

9-6 is really a matter of pattern recognition and memorization.

Plus, i'm naming all the world 9 stages as i go (spoilered in case you don't want the contents of the world 9 stages at all bothered)

9-1: Pinwheel
9-7: Fire and Ice
9-5: Ice Shaft
9-6: Hotfoot Hop

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.