By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Gnizmo said:
supermario128 said:
9-7 has to be the hardest course in the game, only one that gave me a lot of trouble.

I am honestly amazed at how often I see this. What does it say about me that I found this one relatively easy, but 9-6 to be unbelievably hard?

My guess is that you probably blaze through levels fairly quickly, while most of us seem to take it more cautiously the first time around. Speed and momentum help on 9-7, but patience is the watchword on 9-6.

nintendo_fanboy said:

I am wondering one thing though. All people seem to agree that this is great and feels on par with SMB3 and SMW, while the DS game was more meh and definitely not the same as these old classics. I feel exactly the same but I wonder what the reason is. Has anybody figured that out?

My guess is it has to do with passion and care. I think Nintendo likely paid much less attention to the DS game than it did to the Wii one. They certainly highlighted the Wii one much, much more.

Around the Network

1st Post

Just bought recently already at World 7. I love how when achieving 99 lives Mario loses his hat. :D
Not too many were difficult really, its just finding a few of the star coins.

I am surprised they didn't implement the ability to kick the turtle shell upward X|

Draqonic said:
1st Post

Just bought recently already at World 7. I love how when achieving 99 lives Mario loses his hat. :D

I am surprised they didn't implement the ability to kick the turtle shell upward X|

Welcome to the site!

And yeah, I didn't even try to see if they added that ability until the first fight with Bowser Jr. when I was surprised to see it was missing. It would have been a nice nostalgiac kick if they'd kept it, but whachagonnado?

I found everything until world 5. I am slowly playing the game. I love this game and I don't even try the multiplayer. The pinguin suit is just awesome, it only does everything :p

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

noname2200 said:
Draqonic said:
1st Post

Welcome to the site!

And yeah, I didn't even try to see if they added that ability until the first fight with Bowser Jr. when I was surprised to see it was missing. It would have been a nice nostalgiac kick if they'd kept it, but whachagonnado?

Go post on the New Super Mario Bros (DS version thread) that the devs seemed to read word for word, and ask them for it there.

Yep I've been ghosting around here for quite a while, since well before the new site layout. Finally ended up making an account. :D

Around the Network

did anyone already tried multiplayer to see if in free play they count how many enemies you stomped, coins you collected and lives you had left?

So I cleared everything in the game yesterday. What is the reward for not having the super guide pop up at all?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Best powerup for me is the propeller suit by FAR! so much joy with that :D

SuperAdrianK said:

Sometimes it makes me mad, like when you shake it and it doesn't work for some reason. >_>

Doesn't happen very often but still.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

Sometimes it makes me mad, like when you shake it and it doesn't work for some reason. >_>

Doesn't happen very often but still.

Works for me all the time... maybe your battery life is low?