By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Yep, just beat it myself (Best. Credits. Ever. ) and then we tried Coin Battle and Free For All.

Holy Guacamole! This game is insane. Sooo much fun... multiplayer madness is a sheer delight. Now we just need to get the Star Coins, find the secret exits, and beat everything else that lays before us.

The fun has just begun!

Around the Network

This game is my second favorite Mario game.  I <3 it so much.  Because I was bored, I made these:

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

World 1 has been cleaned out. World 9-1 beaten (and not really that tough).

It was the 2nd starcoin in 1-3 that absolutely killed me. A very inscrutable hidden passage underground to get there.

Now in the process of cleaning out World 7. My plan is to hit all the worlds in terms of where i have the fewest star coins left, to the most star coins left, which for me is 1, 7, 5, 6, 4, 8, 2, and 3.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

9-7 has to be the hardest course in the game, only one that gave me a lot of trouble.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Just beat the game! well, I just beat Bowser, so I haven't tried World 9 yet. But still, it was great! I went through most of the game solo, but the levels with my sibling were hilarious and a lot of fun. An amazing multiplayer game. I'll be playing levels over and over with friends just for the lolz

Amazing game

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Around the Network

Alright, I have read through that whole thread now (not all at once, mind you!) and it was such a blast hearing all this people praising this game.

I for myself am now at the beginning of World 7, I have the game since the 20th but I haven't had as much time to play it as I'd like to. I have played only single player yet, and I haven't tried to get all the star coins or the secret exits so far. I haven't used no warps though and I try to play all the levels that are accesible without looking for secret exits. Once the Super guide popped up and I had to face game over already 2 or 3 times, but I don't think the game is that difficult, definitely easier than SMB 3 and about on par with SMW. The hardest parts are yet to come though.

I guess you all realise I absolutely love the game, it is just amazing.

I am wondering one thing though. All people seem to agree that this is great and feels on par with SMB3 and SMW, while the DS game was more meh and definitely not the same as these old classics. I feel exactly the same but I wonder what the reason is. Has anybody figured that out?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Khuutra said:

So

I assume some of you guys will be doing new playthroughs later on so you can have at least one file in which you never got the Super Guide?

no, my first playthrough I never got the superguide, but only because there is none for world 9

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

supermario128 said:
9-7 has to be the hardest course in the game, only one that gave me a lot of trouble.

I am honestly amazed at how often I see this. What does it say about me that I found this one relatively easy, but 9-6 to be unbelievably hard?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
supermario128 said:

I am honestly amazed at how often I see this. What does it say about me that I found this one relatively easy, but 9-6 to be unbelievably hard?

9-6 was cake, I died like 30 times on 9-7 before I could do it. Of course I was trying to get all the star coins as I went along, and I was playing with two other people...... The point where there is just frozen coins to run across kept killing me and the end with the two fire bros. >_>

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

want... want... goty for me can't wait