By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

noname2200 said:

What was wrong with 9-6? I thought the homage to Ice Climbers was pretty cool (no pun intended). Getting that last Star Coin was more hassle than it should have been though.

That I died like 500 times is what is wrong with it. For whatever reason I suck megahard at that level. I eventually had to wuss out and get the propeller hat to beat it and collect the star coins. I enjoyed the level itself somewhat, but it is one of my least favorite overall.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
noname2200 said:

What was wrong with 9-6? I thought the homage to Ice Climbers was pretty cool (no pun intended). Getting that last Star Coin was more hassle than it should have been though.

That I died like 500 times is what is wrong with it. For whatever reason I suck megahard at that level. I eventually had to wuss out and get the propeller hat to beat it and collect the star coins. I enjoyed the level itself somewhat, but it is one of my least favorite overall.

I guess we're just flipping our experiences on 6 and 7; the only reason I died on 6 was when I fell getting that last Star Coin and lost my ice power, so I suicided and tried again.

Four times...

I think the only levels I almost got the Super Guide on were 8-3 and 8-4. I think I died 5 or 6 times on each. But I've only played the first 2 levels of 9. 9-2 was really easy, and I even got all 3 coins on my first turn. Good to hear it gets even harder. I need to go back and get some coins. Haven't had time recently.

But the game is just one of those magic games where it's fun to win and it's fun to lose, so it's got the perfect challenge.

That Iwata Asks about this game was amazing too. The way Miyamoto analyzes gameplay is just genius. Just discussing the way he thinks about jumping or doing 2 things at once makes me want to play this game more.

And I STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED MULTIPLAYER. At least, not since E3 for like, a minute here and there. I'm starting to get the shakes, dammit. I need to get on that.

So

I assume some of you guys will be doing new playthroughs later on so you can have at least one file in which you never got the Super Guide?

Oh LORD YES. Even if the tangible reward is minor, the bragging rights justify the replay!

Plus, I get an excuse to replay this game.

Around the Network

Like we needs excuses, though.

This game will allow me to spend much less money on games in the coming year.

noname2200 said:
Oh LORD YES. Even if the tangible reward is minor, the bragging rights justify the replay!

Plus, I get an excuse to replay this game.

This exactly. I am not sure what it will give me, but I am up for running through it again anyways. I might end up playing this game starte to finish 3 times in a single month. That says something about either the quality of the game, or my taste in games.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

This game is amazing. Wow.

Just beat Bowser tonight from start to finish in a ~4-5hr session with 3 friends, surprisingly enough.  We took any shortcuts we found, the biggest one being when my friend in 1-3 pointed out, "Can we get up there?" I can't believe it skipped 4 worlds, funny enough, since before playing with them I got to (and stopped at) world 5 without skips half on my own (other half with my bros).

I'm a little sad the surprise of the final boss is over (that was too epic, seriously, EPIC), but I'm so glad I avoided spoilers for it. Hopefully this remains fun for my friends and I for a while, they haven't even touched like 2/3rds of the levels yet! Hell, we skipped 5 stages (I think) on World 8 alone.

Easily my favorite Mario yet. Nothing beats multiplayer goodness, NOTHING! We were just yelling at the top of our lungs half the time...

*Sigh*. It saddens me knowing this game is all we'll get (of its type) for a long time... After getting a taste of this, I NEED MORE.

edit: I can't believe I wasn't really hyped about this game until maybe 2-3 weeks before release (when more details were given). This takes game of the year. Easily.

c0rd said:

This game is amazing. Wow.

Just beat Bowser tonight from start to finish in a ~4-5hr session with 3 friends, surprisingly enough.  We took any shortcuts we found, the biggest one being when my friend in 1-3 pointed out, "Can we get up there?" I can't believe it skipped 4 worlds, funny enough, since before playing with them I got to (and stopped at) world 5 without skips half on my own (other half with my bros).

I'm a little sad the surprise of the final boss is over (that was too epic, seriously, EPIC), but I'm so glad I avoided spoilers for it. Hopefully this remains fun for my friends and I for a while, they haven't even touched like 2/3rds of the levels yet! Hell, we skipped 5 stages (I think) on World 8 alone.

Easily my favorite Mario yet. Nothing beats multiplayer goodness, NOTHING! We were just yelling at the top of our lungs half the time...

*Sigh*. It saddens me knowing this game is all we'll get (of its type) for a long time... After getting a taste of this, I NEED MORE.

edit: I can't believe I wasn't really hyped about this game until maybe 2-3 weeks before release (when more details were given). This takes game of the year. Easily.

That's what I'm saying to myself. I never had so much fun with New Super Mario Bros Wii, but know I want another one. I NEED MORE!!!!

I'm sending an email to Nintendo. If they make a sequel to that brilliant title, I'll suggest them to create a game inspired from Yoshi's Island.

c0rd said:

I have to agree: sorry LKS, but you just can't top this title. And I haven't even tried multiplayer yet!