By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Brand FINAL SHOWDOWN!!! PS1 vs SNES.....

SNES!!

Was my first console ever, the one who made me fan of videogames!! The reason im an N fan.

Super Mario World, ario RPG, Yoshi's Island, FF series (wich are the best FF ever), Castlevanias, Zelda A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Mario Kart, Mario Paint, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, MegaMan, Gosth & Gouls and the list goes and goes...

I think that's enogh for me is the best console ever. Even the NES or Wii.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

SNES

Because FF6 is still the best FF in my opinion. Also, i had a lot more fond memoriess with the SNES

PlayStation 1

The console that made me realize i will be gaming for the rest of my life

some of its great games

Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX
Silent Hill
Tekken 2 , 3
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Dragoon
Persona 1, 2-1 , 2-2
Fear Effect 1 , 2
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3
Parasite Eve 1,2
Suikoden 1, 2
Tomb Raider 1, 2

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Playstation 1

Reason? SNES was impossible to get in my country in it's time, so most of my experience come in the form of VC and emulators, but I wasn't impressed by any of those (maybe except for Ogre Battle).

Playstation on the other hand was the first console with which I've had the pleasure to experience it fully. There were too many great games and new IPs that never made their way to PCs, which were my main gaming platform at that time.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

The Playstation 1.

Tekken alone is reason enough.. But there are plenty of other things, such as turning gaming 3d (convincing otherwise 2d developers to take the plunge) etc :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

PS1

had the most fun i have ever had with a system EVER
loved Tekken, OddWorld, crash, tomb raider and so many more i cant rember

Thats a hard choice, had a great time with both consoles. Lots of classics on the SNES, but my vote goes to the PS1.

Games like Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Resident Evil serie, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Suikoden, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Abe's odyssey, Castlevania: SOTN... and many more make me choose it above the SNES and probably making it the best system of all time for me.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871

The voting of the thread has ended yesterday :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Snes.

I still love that console today.

DKC series was awesome. 6 Final Fantasies and of course the best Star Wars games ever. Metroid was awesome and I absolutely loved SMW and it's also the origin of MK. Has to be Snes for me. :)

lestatdark said:
@Xen

That's all you've got? :P Pfft, weak.

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy Tactics

Parasite Eve

Xenogears

Legend of Dragoon

Chrono Cross

Legend of Legaia

Grandia

Metal Gear Solid

Crash

Spyro

Vagrant Story

Tekken 3

Suikoden II

Soul Blade

Silent Hill

Resident Evil 2

SaGa Frontier

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Dino Crisis

Castlevania SOTN

Alundra

Breath of Fire III

It's not all that I've got, it's all that's enough to bury the whole PS1 library. No game mentioned here has anything on P3 FES.