By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Brand FINAL SHOWDOWN!!! PS1 vs SNES.....

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
killeryoshis said:
Dang. The SNES made a huge comeback. It was 7 behind than turned the tables. Mwhahaha nintendo fans are taking back the site!

Taking back the site? Sir, they never lost it.

look at the recent polls

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Well said, however thats not the case with "some" common place fans of the wii/ds now an days... not all of them are bad like the vertans from even the original NES, but you have your cult-like fanboys of nintendo that make all of us look bad. as you said dark. :/

Yeah, there are some elitists here that somehow think that only their opinion is entitled to be the truth, since they have been gaming from the early days, and thus only Nintendo is the true source for videogames.
Personally I have even seen one poster (I don't remember his name) who even goes to lenghts as to say that the only true console there ever was is the NES, and he makes a mockery of every console and other games that came out for subsequent consoles.
What I found hilarious about him, is that he makes a corrosive mockery of Final Fantasy, yet, he doesn't seem to recognize that it started on his "superior" console xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Actually I don't agree with that accessment. True PS2 has a bigger library than PS1, yet bigger doesn't mean better. PS1 library has much more quality than PS2 library.

FF X

MGS 3

GT 4

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

/moot :P

Xen said:
lestatdark said:
Actually I don't agree with that accessment. True PS2 has a bigger library than PS1, yet bigger doesn't mean better. PS1 library has much more quality than PS2 library.

FF X

MGS 3

GT 4

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

/moot :P

Crash and Spyro!

/discussion

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

ps1 is a quality console but I love me some super nintendo.

So my vote goes to super nintendo.

@Xen

That's all you've got? :P Pfft, weak.

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy Tactics

Parasite Eve

Xenogears

Legend of Dragoon

Chrono Cross

Legend of Legaia

Grandia

Metal Gear Solid

Crash

Spyro

Vagrant Story

Tekken 3

Suikoden II

Soul Blade

Silent Hill

Resident Evil 2

SaGa Frontier

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Dino Crisis

Castlevania SOTN

Alundra

Breath of Fire III

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ps1 because I can now play those games on my psp LOL!

SNES

great variety of software and some of the best RPGs eve rmade.

Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid plus many many more great games.

The Super Nintendo had some of my favorite games of all time Chrono Trigger, Final fantasy 6, Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Super Mario Rpg, Jurassic Park, Secret of Mana and Evermore, and so many more games. The PS1 had some really great games as well Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 9, and the Resident Evil series, but the SNES wins by a little bit!!