By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS3 surpass Xbox360 for total sales? 2011 or 2012

What can i say, i've had a dull day.

Even the littlest things will make me giggle today.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@super

er what? obviously... but thats not what i said is it.

I reead your post... Never mind what I said :/

What I have heard so have XBOX 360 for poor quality in order to sell well. My Xbox works fine, but I have no desire to pay for XBL. It is a bit embarrassing. It is not worth the extra money

Don't think it'll happen this gen.

Nevar!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@slamander

your posts and buggahugga posts are very similar... curious. both new accounts too...

No, no, BuggaHugga was paying for XBL >_>

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I would say 2011 because 1.sony's playsatation 3 sales have been strong since the price cut & show no signs of slowing down 2.the strong list of exclusives this year are still pushing strong playstation 3 sales & should get them through the rest of this year 3.next year seems to be building a strong list of exclusives which should help them maintain their strong playstation 3 sales momentum.

Nice thread im think of making a thread called

"When will 360 retake its crown from PS3 in total sales? end of 2011 or early 2012?"

lol

when you look at the sales since the slim released, you can easily see the ps3 passing the 360 somewhere in 2010 or early 2011. its not just the slim but also the game to go with it! i guess we'll all know more after the holidays.

kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
Boneitis said:

The only way that can happen is if the 360 doesn't see any price drops.

Who knows, it might be $99 by 2012.

The cut to £99 for the Gamecube didn't help that sell particularly brilliantly.

Obviously there are differences here, and obviously I recognise that a 360 for £99 offers huge value, but at some point a state of diminishing returns will be reached.

and the comparison between the Gamecube and the 360 is relevant because....?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=GC&reg1=All&cons2=X360&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=210

a £99 360 would go crazy in the UK/EU, just like a $129 360 would in the states... don't kid yourself.

Just like the £129 Arcade went crazy?

Oh wait, it didn't, so they returned it to £159 and took the £30 off the Elite SKU.