By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS3 surpass Xbox360 for total sales? 2011 or 2012

ZorroX said:
Next year,
earliest - middle 2010, latest - the end of 2010.
Reason: Gran Turismo 5.

LMAO

That was a good one. Oh wait you were serious?

Around the Network

When the world ends:

12 December 2012

Bladeforce said:
i agree mid to late 2010, microsoft are panicking now as can be seen by their weak anlysis of their competition. They really have nothing to go on now with the 360. Natal, if it is as awesome as they say (I highly doubt it as it is a Microsoft product and will probably need 10 service packs to get it up to speed not to mention the price) will be wasted on this existing console it would be better on a new console with a SSD hard drive so it can have those service packs and security bugs quashed quickly ;)

Of course.

$300M profit = panicked.

$600M loss = supremely confident.

Tease.

March 2011

by end of 09 the gap would be between 4.5 to 5

by they end of march 2010 between 3 to 3.5

and end of 2010 the gap would be 1 to 1.5

march 2011 ps3 will suprass 360.

Bladeforce said:
i agree mid to late 2010, microsoft are panicking now as can be seen by their weak anlysis of their competition. They really have nothing to go on now with the 360. Natal, if it is as awesome as they say (I highly doubt it as it is a Microsoft product and will probably need 10 service packs to get it up to speed not to mention the price) will be wasted on this existing console it would be better on a new console with a SSD hard drive so it can have those service packs and security bugs quashed quickly ;)

I don't whether to laugh or feel sorry. Yes MS is truly scared. Having an 7 000 000 lead and doubling their profits while Sony is behind and doubling their losses. Yes MS is shaking in their boots. Plus Natal, tons of exclusive games being released. MS is probably laughing right now. Their profits will be huge this 3rd quarter allowing to make a price cut in 2010 and still probably make a profit in the following quarter

Around the Network

I doubt total PS3 sales will ever be more than X360.

Unless Natal is a complete and total failure.

i say late 2010

ps3 is going to gain alot of sales in japan from ff13 and gt5 and in europe the ps3 will sell nealily doulble then what 360 will do this holiday and will suprass the 360 in europe. the 360 strongest side is na and i dont think one region will lead to victory the ps3 is selling good in every region and will surely last 8 to 10 years.

For Gawds Sake 360 owners YOU'RE NATAL WILL BE WASTED ON THE 360!! IT WILL BE RELEASED AS A COMPLETELY NEW CONSOLE. Keep dreaming though the 360 will still be green on the main page and bottom of the weekly worldwide hardware sales

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Afterall, the 360 was available roughly a year sooner than the ps3. Then the ps3 sold horribly, to much money, to much bad press, etc, etc, etc. Should the ps3 ever have better lifetime sales than the 360? I do not think so. will it? yea! atleast it is a better value and machine than the 360