By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW FF13 music (FF music RETURNS to Greatness - Chocobo's Theme & MORE)!

Khuutra said:
PullusPardus said:

i know its offtopic but check this

its hilarious.

Seen it - loved it.

GOLD.

Around the Network

@pullus pardus

WOW that was amazing, are there more of those?!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

tedsteriscool said:
PullusPardus said:
tedsteriscool said:
Second one sounds almost EXACTLY like a track from FF X. I forgot the name of it...

Yup, that's the one! I knew it was around the point where you meet Yunalesca, just wasn't sure which track it was.

That's funny, I thought the first section sounded rather Metroid-esque myself.

As for the rest of the music... I'm not impressed. It's good orchestration, but is it good video game music? In general I feel these tracks lack a strong melodic focus and as a result are much too meandering for my tastes. You know it is a bad sign when you can't tell when a track loops.

I would like to blame the cinematic influences on modern game development for this "epic-yet-ambient" trend amongst game composers, but there are many film composers who make great, melodically interesting scores. Why can't video games have the best of both worlds, too?

darthdevidem01 said:
@pullus pardus

for FF he made these

..........btw its only one guy who made all the voices.

PullusPardus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@pullus pardus

for FF he made these

..........btw its only one guy who made all the voices.

WOW @ SABINS ONE

Sabins them is such a iconic & legendary one!!!

Tera's one was ok......chocobo one was good!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Zones said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@perpride

FF12 fell flat music wise....no doubts there

I think it's hard for anyone to disagree with this.

I disagree, its like a fashion to say anything ffXII sucks.

Naum said:
You actually think this is good??

I think it sucks....

bahh miss the old SNES/PS1/PS2/N64 days.... then atleast they could do great music.

You should check your ears then, maybe the music in old VG appealed more to you because maybe you cant apreciate harmonies as much as simple melodies, so the problem is you.

It seems like people go more for poppy sounds and "funny" melodies in VG than orchestrated music with good sound quality and well composed as this one.

what ever happened to the real Chocobo theme?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
pastro243 said:
Naum said:

I think it sucks....

bahh miss the old SNES/PS1/PS2/N64 days.... then atleast they could do great music.

You should check your ears then, maybe the music in old VG appealed more to you because maybe you cant apreciate harmonies as much as simple melodies, so the problem is you.

It seems like people go more for poppy sounds and "funny" melodies in VG than orchestrated music with good sound quality and well composed as this one.

Yet, for many composers, a well arranged, sophisticated orchestral soundtrack does not come at the expence of a strong melodic presence. Joe Hisaishi has already been mentioned in this thread, and I could list a wealth of others, both within the video game industry and without. Hell, even Wagner himself did not forego melody. So why, exactly, should Hamazu?

Helios said:
pastro243 said:
Naum said:

I think it sucks....

Yet, for many composers, a well arranged, sophisticated orchestral soundtrack does not come at the expence of a strong melodic presence. Joe Hisaishi has already been mentioned in this thread, and I could list a wealth of others, both within the video game industry and without. Hell, even Wagner himself did not forego melody. So why, exactly, should Hamazu?

And I didnt say there is a reason to let melodies out, I just said people tend to say these songs suck because they cant find the melody in them and prefer cell phone ring tone like music to this.

Reality is that melodies and harmonies in a song make it richer, and I can find both in these. The chocobo theme didnt sound like elevator music and saying the other songs are "meh" or typical orchestrated music is like when people that listen to britney spears say every metal song sounds the same, a guitar and a guy hitting the drums fast.