By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW FF13 music (FF music RETURNS to Greatness - Chocobo's Theme & MORE)!

Fab_GS said:
masterb8tr said:
I am actually not impressed, i find those soundtrack to be very bland and boring.

ff9 is still the king:)

FFIX OST is one of Nobuo's weakest soundtracks, IMO.

Funny considering that Uematsu considers FFIX to be his best work.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Fab_GS said:
masterb8tr said:
I am actually not impressed, i find those soundtrack to be very bland and boring.

Oh HELL no. Place I'll Return to Someday, the battle theme (best normal battle theme in FF ever), You're Not Alone, Mount Gulug, Kuja battle theme, last boss battle theme, Court Jesters, etc. are awesome.

As for FF XIII music:

Chocobo theme - Awesome! Second best one in the series. Not quite as good as FF VIII's Mods de Chocobo I think but close. Impressive.

Other three themes - Meh. First two are boring military tracks, last one tries too hard to be a dramatic piano piece.

No one said FFIX OST sucks. I LOVE the soundtrack (Feel My Blade, The Battle Theme, The Boss Battle, Vamo Alla Flamenco, HUNTER'S CHANCE, Loss of Me....etc). It just happens to be his weakest (which shows how great Uematsu's music is).

outlawauron said:
Fab_GS said:
masterb8tr said:

Funny considering that Uematsu considers FFIX to be his best work.

I was surprised when he said that. I was expecting him to say FFVI.

Dancing Mad >>>>> Everything he has ever done. 

Correction. Aria di Mezzo Caratere >>> Everything done in FF OST :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

chill everyone no-one said ANY FF soundtrack sucks, cus none of em do

they are all very good (except for FF12 which is just good)

FF13 should go into the "very good" section!
_________

Terra's Teme >>>>>>>> all FF soundtracks!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Noooooooooooooooooo, Terra theme? :O It may be because we heard it constantly on the overworld in the World of Balance, but I got so tired of it xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Noooooooooooooooooo, Terra theme? :O It may be because we heard it constantly on the overworld in the World of Balance, but I got so tired of it xD

LMAO I feel ya!

the soundtrack from FFI it was flawless

FFII feels alot like "we shall fight on! and struggle as a resistance!" like FFXII and it was great

FFIII was happy music it fits very well

FFIV battle music is my favourite of all of them

FFV felt alot like FFI so i liked it

FFVI had the most epic final boss music ever on a game! , and terra's theme + opera scene both made me all teary.

(im going to die here) i ...personally ... thought FFVII's soundtrack a bit annoying SHOCK!, especially that overworld theme and the unfitting gloomy music at some places. my favourite piece is J-E-N-O-V-A-H and not One winged angel SHOCK SHOCK, idk , maybe cause i heard it abit too much that it got old.

FFVIII felt like its going the right way with the happy awesome music and i liked the intro song as well as a breath of fresh air from the horrid overworld theme of FFVII (sorry i just didn't like this its like the composer was going slomo on a dizzy day i only liked the piano parts).

as for FFIX it was flawless.

FFX had the most variety of genres out of them all and they were awesome

FFXI have one of the best music in an MMO, and how it fits into the game is great

The only song that i really didn't like on FFXII is the one that Nobuo did thats "kiss me goodbye" ironic isn't it?

the point here everyone have tastes not everyone is going to agree with me

@pullus pardus

what do you think of FF13's music so far!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@pullus pardus

what do you think of FF13's music so far!

i really like it, but will it fit? in the right places?

you know a soundtrack is useless if it doesn't fit the game (like alone in the dark =[ )