By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW FF13 music (FF music RETURNS to Greatness - Chocobo's Theme & MORE)!

@Pullus Pardus

No I didn't like em that much

the ESPER BATTLE theme was the only one that stood out as a FF level quality

the soundtrack wasn't like a "final fantasy" one for me

FFx, FF9, 8, 7 & most of the others had a far better soundtrack

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wow, I'm actually very impressed.

Zones said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@perpride

FF12 fell flat music wise....no doubts there

I think it's hard for anyone to disagree with this.

I completely disagree. FFXII had some of the best music in ages. Pullus pointed a few tracks out....but my personal favorite would have to be the Theme of the Empire. Listening to that shit still sends chills down the spine. Overall the game has to be one of hte greatest RPG's in years.

I am actually not impressed, i find those soundtrack to be very bland and boring.

ff9 is still the king:)

masterb8tr said:
I am actually not impressed, i find those soundtrack to be very bland and boring.

ff9 is still the king:)

FFIX OST is one of Nobuo's weakest soundtracks, IMO.

Around the Network

@Fab_GS

I agree with you

well After FF4 its probably his weakest

Dallinor said:
The first one reminded me of very upbeat elevator music.

Unfortunately anything with soprano sax sounds like elevator music to a lot of people (I'm sure plenty of people will have that reaction).  It's actually a pretty sophisticated jazz arangement of the chocobo song, with a lot of funk rhythms.  You don't usually get drum solos in elevator music

Wow, the music composition of FFXIII is getting better with each new music they show. I loved the chocobo theme and especially the last song, it sounds like a mixture of the Ice town theme in FFVII with the main theme of FFX :O.

Oh, by the way, to those saying FFIX is the weakest OST in all the saga, do you know why Vamo Alla Flamenco is one of the most requested songs when The Black Mages schedule concerts? just a thought.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@people stating that FFIX's soundtrack is the weakest:
You guys are fucking crazy.
Vamo Alla Flamenco, the Battle Theme, the Boss Battle Theme, The Place I'll return to Someday...
Which of those suck?

And XII's soundtrack WAS bland.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

@johann

is there no middle ground?

No-one said anything sucked

EVERY FF soundtrack is outstanding...except for FF12

But FF9 was just the weakest on that outstanding level

FF10,FF7,FF8,FF4,FF6 all had better soundtracks as they had strong songs...many more than FF9 imo