By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW FF13 music (FF music RETURNS to Greatness - Chocobo's Theme & MORE)!

Sounds great.
To listen to it in better quality just visit the official homepage and refresh the main page to listen to all the songs.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Around the Network

I can agree with you that they're all great. Here's how I see it:
Besides the Laguna Theme and Liberi Fatali, VIII's soundtrack was as bland as they come.
The only ones I enjoyed from X are To Zanarkand, the battle theme, and the Hymn of the Fayth.
From VI, VII and IX I enjoyed almost everything.
I haven't played IV enough to judge the soundtrack.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
I can agree with you that they're all great. Here's how I see it:
Besides the Laguna Theme and Liberi Fatali, VIII's soundtrack was as bland as they come.
The only ones I enjoyed from X are To Zanarkand, the battle theme, and the Hymn of the Fayth.
From VI, VII and IX I enjoyed almost everything.
I haven't played IV enough to judge the soundtrack.

Trust me, it's fantastic.

On a side note, I'm really surprised to hear that some think that IX's soundtrack is any less amazing than it peers. I thought it to be one of Uematsu's best works.

Anyhow... I'm liking what I'm hearing from XIII standalone so far, but the real test is how it plays in context of the game. That's where IV shines in my opinion.

I have to say i disagree, imo ff9 clearly has the best soundtrack. These ff13 songs doesnt make me feel anything, its just static noise to me and as some mentioned elevator music( i am not a jazz fan lol)

@johann

ok

from FF8 I liked:

Liberi Fatali, Battle Theme (2nd to FF10's battle theme in terms of the best), Eyes on me themes, Laguna Theme, Man with the shotgun & countless more

FF10 -- Tidus's theme, Yuna's theme, riku's theme (lisen to all three again & again), summoned, Battle theme (best battle theme ever), TO zanarkhand, mihen high road, hymn of faith, ending theme & so many more

compared to FF9:

Melodies of life, your not alone, flamenco.....& no I didn't like the battle theme at all m afraid.

FF9's soundtrack is magnificent, but for me it was the weakest.....just personal tastes, this does tell us how varied & different FF soundtracks are which is a great thing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

VI, VII and VIII had the best OSTs.

(^.^)v

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

@masterb8tr

its not "clearly" the best soundtrack

on online Polls/famitsu pols worldwide FF6 won the soundtrack battle

There will always be a person who liked one FF's soundtrack more than the other

Ofcourse the music won't make you feel anything (even though the LAST song was just superb, it made me feel nice).....but when you hear the music within the game in cut scenes & so on....it should make you feel something

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Ofcourse the music won't make you feel anything

That's simply not true. Well, in a sense. I'd say that you're only partly right.

A great piece need not be featured in context for it to have feeling. Sure it can aid (greatly) in building suspense, setting a mood or tempo in a story; but it isn't necessarily dependent on context. Many peices, several Final Fantasy ones included, could do well to stand on their own without any context and invoke many types of emotion - whether it'd be happy, cathartic, fear, etc.

wow best ff soundtrack ever for me i cant wait to play ff13, ill buy a hd console just to play this game

Alic0004 said:

Wow, impressive how inventive this composer is... what's his name? It almost doesn't sound like game music, he's really pushing how much can be going on in the music.

Chocobo funk is awesome. Feels like some of Katamari's tracks. With a huge drum solo -- wow.

The second track goes from more of a FFVI-style brooding war march to more of a traditional orchestral style Dragon Quest theme. Crazy. Assuming it's gameplay background music, which it sounds like, I wonder what area encompasses both feelings?

Listening to the third one... snare drums on the march again, this guy is really evoking FF VI and VII with the music. With some more traditional movie style stuff, some Star Wars in the strings.

The fourth one. Definitely gets your attention; this is going to be something you should listen to. Intro sounds like Joe Hisaishi of Studio Ghibli fame, but with more detailed rhythms. Main melody sounds like something from Chrono Trigger, with that little downward fall of the piano at the end of the first phrase once the melody comes in straight from Terra's theme in FF VI. And then it goes into the main theme of the game, in a mellowed out version. Wait... the whole thing was the main theme, or at least the battle music.  Crazzy.  A little disappointing that it just goes to the second section and ends.  Would like to hear a track where the first theme is more explored.

This is the best FF music I've heard in a while, with a really unique voice that also seems to be an encyclopedia of past Squaresoft games. Getting excited :)

He did 1/3 of the music in FFX and he did Dirge of Cerberus I believe. This is his first big time solo job.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.