By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one disappointed in Uncharted 2's 800k?

I think it did super sales. I'm not a fan of the series, but it deserves great sales. Also, Demon's Souls should be GoTY in my opinion. Of course that will never happen as MW2 will probably be the sheep pick for this year. Baaaaa.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

@neoraff: I wouldn't call that techie group the 'blu-ray group'. I think that the group you are referring to does indeed exist but it's more about the technology as a whole that the PS3 offers, not just the blu-ray. No tmany consumers would actually buy one JUST because it can play blu-ray disks. 1 million people maximum would have bought it for that/won it in competitions and use it for that.

I have witnessed though a person buy one at launch because it was a new Playstation and it was the most powerful console and it had blu-ray and it could do a whole load of things. To this day, that person has 6 games on the system including Warhark, Cod4, Assassins Creed, GTHD and two other I can't remember right now.. The most played game on that system is CoD4 and they are eagerly anticipating the release of MW2.

I told them all about Uncharted 2 and they don't care, they think MW2 will take up to much of their time and after that they thing GT5 will take up to much of their time. So anyway, they are a casual gamer but they like core orientated titles. That's the problem Uncharted 2 faces I think.

Ok no fanboy here but whats with the talk of UC2 being GOTY...Trust me its an awesome game and yes i agree, my friend has a ps3 360 and wii so when i go we played uc2 and its the best ps3 game of the year but as for GOTY in my point of view NSMBWii should get it...sure it hasn't been released but i have read some reviews and i have played part of it....trust me its absolutely amazing.....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

@Wii_Master: Don't bring up NSMBWii here, even though it'll probably be my GOTY too we don't want flamewars or trolling (again) and that's what you're inviting.

Besides I don't want to see NSMBWii badmouthed and that's what'll happen :S

Gears of War Series - 11+ Milions
Halo Series - Near 30 Milions

Conviction will sell more than Uncharted 2 in the First DAY.

The same for Mass Effext 2 , Fable III and Halo Reach.

Ps3 Games allways FAIL to Sell .. InFamous hasnt Reach 1 Milion Yet and Killzone 2 is only NEAR 2 Milions wich is Horrible when ODST sold 2.2 milions in 1st Day.

Well Ps3 has lost HardCore Gamers now they are on Xbox and will allways be on Pc ... Thats why Ps Brand is Dead - HardCore gamers makes Brand´s ALIVE - if i were Nintendo i wouldnt be very happy because they have no many hardcore Followers anymore aswell.

Around the Network
iHuGi said:

Ps3 Games allways FAIL to Sell .. InFamous hasnt Reach 1 Milion Yet and Killzone 2 is only NEAR 2 Milions wich is Horrible when ODST sold 2.2 milions in 1st Day.

Well Ps3 has lost HardCore Gamers now they are on Xbox and will allways be on Pc ... Thats why Ps Brand is Dead - HardCore gamers makes Brand´s ALIVE - if i were Nintendo i wouldnt be very happy because they have no many hardcore Followers anymore aswell.

That is completely-

You know what? I'm not going to bother.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

iHuGi said:

Thats why the PS brand is outselling the Xbox brand 4 to 1 every week, and why the PS3 is getting such amazing ip, because its obviously dead.

mM

While it's true that PS3 exclusives don't outsell gears and Halo they consistently sell 2 million plus which is actually better then a lot of other exclusive games like Lost Odyssey for example.

Ya 800000 is not bad and compared to what the first one did its a huge success but the ps3 needs a break away hit like halo my only is that it has really good legs through the end of the year and breaks 4 million mabey with the 250gb for no extra cost I think this game needs like 4 mil so it continues to have a healthy online component till 3 comes out in probably 2 years 4th quarter 2011

iHuGi - i hope you are not going to die, when PS3 LTD sales will be over x360 LTD sales next year?
I mean, just don`t take that too personal.

Also,
Gran Turismo Series - Over 50 Milions
Pray for high Forza 3 sales, which already kinda bombed in Japan with 15k first day.