By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one disappointed in Uncharted 2's 800k?

I don't wanna spam but fk http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2746854

Around the Network
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@psrock

REALLy psRock

MGS4 is the only PS3 game that people ACCEPT had better than expected sales (no-one on Vg chartz except crazzyman and one or two more people thought it would do better than MGS3, & now it may have a shot at 5 million)

NO-ONE apart from troll accounts felt it had "disappointing" sales, I dunno what your talking about

@ioi

GRAN TURISMO 5 will cross 3.5 Million though

Yeah..who would have thought a game heavily bundled in the US with the last reverse compatible PS3 and the first PS3 bundle to come with a dualshock 3 controller would go on to sell 5 million...

Take your Sony hate elsewhere!

>=(

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ioi said:
psrock said:
Wow, I went to sleep and woke up with this mess.

Now, I understand being disapoited when you expect so much, but take it this way, we had the same thread about MGS4, LBP, killzone 2, Ucharted D F, Resisance, Motorstorm, how about every first party game.
But, the first week means nothing if it doesn't continue on selling.

But in all fairness, with the exception of MGS IV which definitely exceeded expectations, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 have all performed below the expectations of fans.

The same will be true of Forza 3 - it has been hyped up to the extreme but will do well to do more than 400-500k week one. I'm sure the game is a good jump from Forza 2 in terms of graphics / stuff to do but it will probably sell roughly in line with every other Forza title so far.

bwahaha... Oh reallly? Because some delusional people expect an insane number then it performed under expectations... I can do the same thing as you! since some people predicted under 100k first week of all those games all those games are huge blockbuster hits that compltely annihilated expectations.

Many people expected under 1 million LT LBP... It is on it's way to 3! Triple what a lot expected. With most (reasonable and majority) expecting around 2 million. This was a title that was a shock AAA to most people... a lot of people didn't see what market this was marketed towards... a lot of people didn't see what the appeal was. KZ2 many expected to not even make the same sales as the original one of 2 million with using Liberation and the first KZ reviews as examples. Many said people will be turned off by the first since it was so mediocre. Only the complete delusional people thought It'd get GeoW sales with some optimistics about 4 million but again the most reasonable and majority expect around 3 million. A million more than the original... KZ2 isn't done selling. It will be near 2.5 million at years end and most likely be close 3 million LT. If the 3rd installment makes it this generation and it is again highly reviewed and hyped and improves on the second one then expect more people to pick up 2 before 3 to push it over 3 million. Also, many of those optimistic people expect huge bundling like a lot of Sony first party games which KZ2 didn't recieve. If we had a time machine and we told those people Sony wont bundle this as much as other games I bet they'd revise their projections. Resistance 2 was thought to sell good since the first was majorly bundled.. it wont meet expectations. And I really don't believe many people cared about MS

madkiller said:
BladeOfGod said:
madkiller said:
No way in hell does this game get Game of the Year over MW2...

On topic: I think it is pretty sad that most of the PS3 fanboys seemed happy with 800k for the biggest exclusive PS3 game of the year when the Xbox 360 big exclusives all sell 1.5m-4m. Hell, ODST almost tripled it in first week sales and it got a lot of bad hype for being $60 for being an expansion, while Uncharted 2 got nothing but the biggest good hype we have seen this year...

Does it hurt you that Uncharted 2 is rated higher than ALL 360 exclusives? And that it moved more hardware than Halo: ODST???

Sorry to burst your buble but Uncharted 2 IS going to be a game of the year. It got better reviews than COD 4, Halo 3, LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Gears 2 and all those games have GOTY awards... in fact, Uncharted 2 is the highest rated game this generation after GTA IV, so yeah... Uncharted 2 - GOTY

LMAO, you are kidding right? Why would I care if it got higher reviews when it has sold like absolute crap compared to all of those games. I am sure the devs and publishers of those games all cried their way to the bank because UC2 beat them in review scores by a little bit. And sorry, I will say it once again, no way in hell does this game get GoTY from any truly respectable publication over MW2. It is not happening, period. Say whatever you like because the PS3 is losing this generation by a huge margin when it comes to software sales.

Oh please dont try to sell that bullshit to me, you are here for only one reason- to troll since you didnt played the game and you dont even have a PS3. If the game got crappy reviews and great sales you would come here and complain about reviews.

And numbers dont lie, Uncharted 2 is rated higher than COD 4 and even Bioshock so and THATS A FACT, you cant change it and the only way MW2 can be the game of year is to have the 98,99 or 100 score on metacritic

The reason that PS3 exclusive game sales are not as high as the 360 has many reasons in my opinion. but i think this is the main reaason...

PS3 owners tend to play a variety of games. what i mean is that you have many people who bought the system ONLY for RPGS or only for platformers, shooters, action etc. Where a very very large portion of the 360 owners bought it entirely for shooters (not all of them of course) Therefore just because Uncharted 2 is a great game doesnt mean that all the PS3 fans are interested....

Around the Network

Well if it had more time to sell in Others, then it would reach 1 Mill first week.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I stopped reading the comments after some person named madkiller showed up (he reminds me of xbots at school)

OT: I think the sales are pretty great... I expectd this at 600000 sales! Ill probably buy the first one to see how it goes and if I like it I'll buy this one too :)

I read through the entire thread... WOO!

ioi said:
letsdance said:
ioi said:
psrock said:
Wow, I went to sleep and woke up with this mess.

Now, I understand being disapoited when you expect so much, but take it this way, we had the same thread about MGS4, LBP, killzone 2, Ucharted D F, Resisance, Motorstorm, how about every first party game.
But, the first week means nothing if it doesn't continue on selling.

But in all fairness, with the exception of MGS IV which definitely exceeded expectations, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 have all performed below the expectations of fans.

The same will be true of Forza 3 - it has been hyped up to the extreme but will do well to do more than 400-500k week one. I'm sure the game is a good jump from Forza 2 in terms of graphics / stuff to do but it will probably sell roughly in line with every other Forza title so far.

bwahaha... Oh reallly? Because some delusional people expect an insane number then it performed under expectations... I can do the same thing as you! since some people predicted under 100k first week of all those games all those games are huge blockbuster hits that compltely annihilated expectations.

Many people expected under 1 million LT LBP... It is on it's way to 3! Triple what a lot expected. With most (reasonable and majority) expecting around 2 million. This was a title that was a shock AAA to most people... a lot of people didn't see what market this was marketed towards... a lot of people didn't see what the appeal was. KZ2 many expected to not even make the same sales as the original one of 2 million with using Liberation and the first KZ reviews as examples. Many said people will be turned off by the first since it was so mediocre. Only the complete delusional people thought It'd get GeoW sales with some optimistics about 4 million but again the most reasonable and majority expect around 3 million. A million more than the original... KZ2 isn't done selling. It will be near 2.5 million at years end and most likely be close 3 million LT. If the 3rd installment makes it this generation and it is again highly reviewed and hyped and improves on the second one then expect more people to pick up 2 before 3 to push it over 3 million. Also, many of those optimistic people expect huge bundling like a lot of Sony first party games which KZ2 didn't recieve. If we had a time machine and we told those people Sony wont bundle this as much as other games I bet they'd revise their projections. Resistance 2 was thought to sell good since the first was majorly bundled.. it wont meet expectations. And I really don't believe many people cared about MS

Huh?

he got you there Brett :P

yeahitsme said:
yeah blame madkilla for trolling like you do everyone who is just stating facts..... terrible facts but damned facts i'm probably the biggest ps3 fanboy you will ever meet... and i 100% agree with what he is saying.... ya'll people on vg need grow some fucking balls and learn how to accept truth, you must be just as mad as me that you can't disprove any of the shit because the numbers are there and they don't lie. whats going on with the ps3 is the biggest travesty in gaming history, because for the first time a console is literally trying to provide a truly magnificent experience and they are being neglected on every front for a generic ass multiplat

100% true ,..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡