By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 1080p Streaming Quality Is Incredible, Hands-On, With Video

exit52000 said:

Its a shame the xbox is too noisy to watch videos on.  Its using a hair dryer at the cinema.

Really?  How old is your 360?  Even my old 360 that was pretty much a jet engine was only a jet engine when I was using the disc drive and not so much for anything else.

Around the Network
exit52000 said:

Its a shame the xbox is too noisy to watch videos on.  Its using a hair dryer at the cinema.

Yeah, old ones are usually only like that when you're using the disc drive. Otherwise it just hums loudly.

its not available in my area.

Dallinor said:
exit52000 said:

Yeah, old ones are usually only like that when you're using the disc drive. Otherwise it just hums loudly.

Yes it is acceptable now. Not that much louder than a PS3 playing a BD.

But when you spin a disk, it is unbearable.... I'm glad it is over now with an HDD + installation.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Great quality! I cant wait for the new update!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
epinefridis said:
480 points???
I'm speechless...
Sounds too much...

Eh, it's $6 and that's pretty close to what it costs to rent a movie.  It might be a little more, but I'd be willing to spend that little more if it means I don't have to pick my ass up and drive to Blockbuster and deal with people.

That said, my 360 is on wi-fi so I doubt I will make a lot of use of this even if I didn't already have Netflix.  Cool service, just not something I really care about too much.

Surely if it streams down a 6 meg line you should be ok with your Wi Fi unless it was utter poop in which case I would suggest you invest in a Homeplug and enjoy your jitter free streamyness.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Unbearable noise from your 360's? I don't know, I don't even notice it and only hear certain people complain about it. My PC is waaaaaay louder than my 360 (although it is overclocked with multiple fans) so maybe I'm used to it?

@Ghaleon1980

I think it pretty much depends on when you purchased the 360. I have 2 one is an original unit which can get noisy the other a much newer model which is very quiet.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Sardauk said:
epinefridis said:
480 points???
I'm speechless...
Sounds too much...

I agree, it is a bit high... but it works apparently (avatar clothing is also very high but it is working too...). People are paying.

For me, I will use it to watch movies I don't want to buy on Blu-Ray. For the rest, I will get a physical version so that my setup can decode HD-sounds (not possible with the 360 and (PCM) terrible with the PS3).

You guys seem to be forgetting that there is a smaller priced version ( the non HD one).  Even netflix charges you more for Blu-Ray discs.  So why shouldn't Microsoft if they are spending more bandwidth on 1080p?  I personally wouldn't use this service much but once the price comes down to under $5 for HD movies I may.  My cable company also charges more for HD content.  Example HD UFC fight purchases are $10 more than non HD.

So basically my point here is that HD costs a premium no matter if you think its worth it or not.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Damnedl0ser is right, thats the HD version, oh you can also download the 1080p version if your streaming looks like crap.