By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 1080p Streaming Quality Is Incredible, Hands-On, With Video

damn my connection is 0.8mpbs O.o.. doesnt matter though I dont have a Xbox 360 :P, this looks amazing but for the price its something I would skip either way

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

4MB/s = 32Mb/s. Which is quite a lot. What "mpbs" is, I won't even speculate.

Goddbless said:
I may not use it much since I already have Netflix.

Almost all of the Netflix streaming movies are a few years old. This is useful for newer movies that are not on Netflix streaming, if you want to watch something right away instead of waiting for a disc to arrive in the mail.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

As I am in the UK this is the one feature I am most interested in. The social side is not my cup of char.

The combination of these features should shift a few boxes the emphasis is probably on a few unless Microsoft get bizzy with the fizzy and astound us with some marketing amazingness.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Waouw !
I remember they annouced it for Belgium as well (we don't have Netflix here...). I hope thy will deliver this time.

So cool !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
480 points???
I'm speechless...
Sounds too much...

Eh, it's $6 and that's pretty close to what it costs to rent a movie.  It might be a little more, but I'd be willing to spend that little more if it means I don't have to pick my ass up and drive to Blockbuster and deal with people.

That said, my 360 is on wi-fi so I doubt I will make a lot of use of this even if I didn't already have Netflix.  Cool service, just not something I really care about too much.

epinefridis said:
480 points???
I'm speechless...
Sounds too much...

I agree, it is a bit high... but it works apparently (avatar clothing is also very high but it is working too...). People are paying.

For me, I will use it to watch movies I don't want to buy on Blu-Ray. For the rest, I will get a physical version so that my setup can decode HD-sounds (not possible with the 360 and (PCM) terrible with the PS3).

EDIT : The PS3 slim can finally do it : http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/08/21/ps3-slim-bitsreams-dolby-truehd-and-dts-hd-ma-audio-at-last/

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
epinefridis said:
480 points???
I'm speechless...
Sounds too much...

I agree, it is a bit high... but it works apparently (avatar clothing is also very high but it is working too...). People are paying.

For me, I will use it to watch movies I don't want to buy on Blu-Ray. For the rest, I will get a physical version so that my setup can decode HD-sounds (not possible with the 360 and (PCM) terrible with the PS3).

Also another point about the MS Points-- they're 0.8 points to the US Dollar so they are deceptive.  480 points looks close to $5 when it's really $6 so they can get away with that.

If you can get away with it, why not do it?

Its a shame the xbox is too noisy to watch videos on.  Its using a hair dryer at the cinema.

@twestern: It is a bit high but it won't stop me from buying.