By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 1080p Streaming Quality Is Incredible, Hands-On, With Video

Awesome dude! Thanks for sharing. Nice TV, i need to upgrade my 32 Samsung for some 47".

Its a big difference, imo. My friends got a big tv like that size.

Now i got Ps3 and Blu-Ray, stream with downloaded HD-movies from PS3 Media Center or Tversity, but with Netflix i will choose it as nr 1 service!

So.. Its coming to Europe (nordic) ? Dont need Twitter or Facebook, just MOVIES IN HD! :P

Around the Network

BTW, that is not me.

Did notice that now.

Heh.

Don't forget that some of the movies that seem expensive are not even in the cinema yet.

Oh that sucks this doesn't apply to Netflix streams? $6? Nty gonna stick w/ the blu from Netflix. I can definitely handle getting my ass to the mailbox, I'm not obese yet.

Around the Network

That's awesome but 300 points would be more reasonable.

Does this HD service need 4mbit of ur bandwith or do u need 4mbyte/s ?

coz a standard 1080p movie HD Rip has a video bitrate of around 10-18 mbit/s alone, not talking about sound.
An untouched blu ray 1080p movie has a video bitrate of around 20-30 mbit/s which goes in action scenes up to 50mbit/s.
A standard 720p HD Rip has a video bitrate of around 4-7 mbit/s.

So if this zune hd service only requires 4mbit of ur bandwith, then the picture quality is nowhere near as good as a true Bluray movie in 1080p.

Improvements are caused by people who complain

This is sooooo awesome. I am totally into VoD, because I do not watch movies more than once normally. Maybe twice, but thats it.

And here you go, check how this streaming works foru YOU!

http://www.iis.net/media/experiencesmoothstreaming1080p

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

**Slash** said:
Does this HD service need 4mbit of ur bandwith or do u need 4mbyte/s ?

coz a standard 1080p movie HD Rip has a video bitrate of around 10-18 mbit/s alone, not talking about sound.
An untouched blu ray 1080p movie has a video bitrate of around 20-30 mbit/s which goes in action scenes up to 50mbit/s.
A standard 720p HD Rip has a video bitrate of around 4-7 mbit/s.

So if this zune hd service only requires 4mbit of ur bandwith, then the picture quality is nowhere near as good as a true Bluray movie in 1080p.

They compress it, thats how they can get away with the low bandwidth.  1080p is a standard so it doesn't matter if its on blu-ray, streaming, or hddvd.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

tried that tester, it always drops quality to 2750kbps, even though ive gt a cable 20Meg connection