By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza 3 will be a sales flop if not HEAVILY BUNDLED!!!!!!!!

I love this thread. Predicting it will sell as much as its predecessor, and then calling that a flop. The best way to judge wether or not a sequel is a flop is by comparing it to its predecessor. Will it outsell GT5? of course not. Will it outsell Forza 2? Probably. Will it make a profit? Of course

Flop confirmed?? :P

Around the Network

Oh god, 2 million is considered a flop?

I actually think this game has a chance of selling 3-4 million without bundling. But 2 million is still fantastic.

Another day, another Forza 3 thread started by a PS3 fan. I think PS3 fans are more concerned about Forza than 360 fans.

Darc Requiem said:
Another day, another Forza 3 thread started by a PS3 fan. I think PS3 fans are more concerned about Forza than 360 fans.

It seems like they need to get something off their chest ever since Gran Turismo has been delayed. They have won the GOTY (Uncharted 2 unless some reviewers drastically start to give it low 9's or under, which would place it under Street Fighter IV) and got their sales victory in a PS3 price cut which will win all regions except the US of course, but for some reason the fact Gran Turismo has been delayed they need to call Forza a sales and review flop and tell us to wait for the "real" racer. What a joke.

It's just that simple.

IMO whitout bundles it would do probably 2 million LT... give or take a couple of hundred k If its bundled it could do 4.5 or even 5 million LT a step ahead of F2. F2 IMO would have halted at ~ 1.5 million tops whitout bundles, so yeah the series will probably see some growth, no GT numbers but most definatly not a flop

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Darc Requiem said:

It seems like they need to get something off their chest ever since Gran Turismo has been delayed. They have won the GOTY (Uncharted 2 unless some reviewers drastically start to give it low 9's or under, which would place it under Street Fighter IV) and got their sales victory in a PS3 price cut which will win all regions except the US of course, but for some reason the fact Gran Turismo has been delayed they need to call Forza a sales and review flop and tell us to wait for the "real" racer. What a joke.

Or maybe it has something to do with the insane hype from Turn 10 and fans why these threads get made.

Or maybe even the trash talk from Turn 10 and fans why these threads get made.

Or maybe even because in recent threads people have been predicting 6-7 Million sales for it.

Boneitis said:
Oh god, 2 million is considered a flop?

I actually think this game has a chance of selling 3-4 million without bundling. But 2 million is still fantastic.

Well for a main GT game it is bomb Hell IMO even GTPSP will leg out at far higher numbers

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@Carl2291 I doubt that. It's more of a fanboy thing and they were doing the same thing prior to ODST's release especially when firefight was learned to not have matchmaking. It happended to be from guys with Old Snake avatars tho that time around. This time we get the Raiden guy! (Not the MGS one tho.)

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Darc Requiem said:

God, stop the baiting with this psycho babble.

And who, please enlighten me, has called Forza 3 a review flop? Christ, it's got 92 on Metacritic or something. I really don't think even the biggest flamer on here would criticise that.

@wholikeswood Plenty of people have claimed Forza 3 will have lower reviews then GT5, cuz u know, we can see into the future that GT5 will score higher.

There is no baiting in truth. Take a look around.

It's just that simple.