By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's Take A Look At 2010 (PS3)

If Media Molecule show anything new off, it'll be at GDC...

Around the Network
ithis said:
It just occurred to me that according to the OP, there should be 3 FF games next year for the PS3.
And that's not probable, at all.

Well that's what's down on paper.

Come to think of it FFVXIII will almost certainly not make it until 2011. I could see FFXIII and FFXIV possibly hitting in the same year though.

Meh. This is one of those lists that is pretty much just made to get excited about the probable and eventual exclusive games coming to a console rather than an actual line up of a year. It starts out fine listing actual scheduled games that are going to to release in 2010 and then it ends up just being a list of most of the known PS3 exclusive games and finding a spot for their release in 2010. The same thing was done this year when in earlier lists people listed Gran Turismo 5, The Last Guardian, and God of War III in the 2009 year PS3 exclusive lists. It's more of a wet dream for a gamer rather than reality.

On a lighter note, the games you do have listed, whenever they come out, will be great. I am very excited.

Dallinor said:
puffy said:
Dallinor said:

Gran Turismo 5. Sales 8m+ I think 8 Million is really pushing it.

MAG. Sales 800k-1m I think MAG will do better than most expect

-Scheduled release January 2010.

The Agency. Sales 400k This should hit 1 Million

Quarter 1:

MAG, GOW III, Quantum Theory, White Knight Chronicles AND EYEPET.

Just added some comments to the sales numbers and added Eyepet to the Q1 line up. That second quarter looks terrible btw..

I agree 8 million might be pushing it. I was actually going to set it at 6 million. However, then some posters would enter and instead of reading the rest of my post would focus on that number alone and subsequently start a series of pointless posts bickering about it.

Conside that number pacifying the GT boys.

And they'd be right. What justification has anyone got to say GT5 will be by far the worst selling Gran Turismo?. There is none as of this moment. Just seems like trolling to me.

It's very clear that since the PS3 Slim/price drop the PS3 has been on fire. 2010 will be no exception.

We have returned to the days of the PS2. I truly believe that the PlayStation 3 has always been the best system this gen. It took Sony awhile to bring it to the mass market appeal that it has now, but it has it now.

In 2010 Sony will have all their major franchise on the PS3 that assisted in making the PS2 such a great diverse platform.

God of War III, Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII/XIV Online will put the PS3 on par the surpass the 360 next year.

I'm not going to put a prediction on when just yet, but it will happen next year. Sony has to much going for it. Once they surpass the 360 Sony will have the hardcore presence. They will then be able to focus more on Nintendo. The gen is far from over. Sony has just begun to really fight.

Around the Network

This may sound a little random and bitchy BUT white text on green background means I don't read your thread.

That shit hurts the eyes. >_

The Last Guardian will sell over 2 million.

MAG should easily do over a million. I have heard many good thins about it, and anything wrong with the beta should be fixed when it's released. Remember, the people who did the original SOCOM's are working in this game. They're not any second rate developers.

Any chance you can add the new Ratchet to your list? I know it is a 2009 game, but it hasn't released yet.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I'm beginning to think MAG will do better than people are expecting. It has 60k pre-orders with 15 weeks to go until release. In the US alone.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective