By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's Take A Look At 2010 (PS3)

PDF said:
vitoaf27 said:
Why doesn't anybody expect MNR to sell that much? I think basically all the LBP lovers will buy MNR, plus new PS3 owners, plus kart racer lovers, etc.. I think 2mil is a good estimate.

I see MNR as a missed opportunity by sony.   If the name was Litte Big Race or something like that then it would sell more.  Due to name and probably not very good marketing its not going to get enough recognition and a lot of people wont know mch about it and not pick it up.

It just could have been so great if sackboy had a racer and they could expand on the franchise.

I agree almost completely with you. Two things:

"Probably not very good marketing" ?? How can you say it's not going to have very good marketing? We've seen one trailer from E3.. when a release date nears and more info comes out, hype will build and marketing will pick up, etc.

Also, I don't think the fact that it isn't under the LBP franchise means that it won't sell well. Sure, it'd probably sell more if it had the LBP name, but I still think it will sell modestly.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Tridrakious said:
It's clear that Sony has the best line-up next year. My concern though comes from when the 2nd half of the year starts what will Sony have for us.

The first half of the year is stellar, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.

Resistance 3 seems like a good possible release (if they fix the single player crapness). Not sure when The Last Guardian and Heavy Rain release so those could bolster the 2nd half.

Really? It's actually clear to someone who has next year's best line-up?

Yes.

I don't think GT5 will sell 8 million. it's not the hot genre anymore. I think it will sell 4 million MAX.

There are so many good games coming! Especially God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5.

I'll do a signature later