By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

So far only CGI has mentioned the amazing MUSIC in Oblivion.

Dont the rest of u feel the music in Oblivion was remarkable and extremely atmospheric?

Around the Network

One of the best RPG games i ever played.

Pro's- Massive game world, plenty of secrets, great gameplay mix of FP and TP, plenty of quests.

Con's- Character faces, character speach, poor variety of enemies.

THe music was nice.....but I didn't like it as much as you or CGI I'm afraid

the main theme was great!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

+ Huge open world
+ very nice graphics
+ Lasting appeal
+ monsters leveling with you

- Voice acting
- Boring story
- Combat can become really boring
- Stupid AI.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Slimebeast said:
So far only CGI has mentioned the amazing MUSIC in Oblivion.

Dont the rest of u feel the music in Oblivion was remarkable and extremely atmospheric?

Around the Network

9.3 .... the game vas fun, but if you were not on a quest for the main story if got a bit confusing..... the combat was a bit lacking and most of the dugeons were not worth a runthrough (the reward was crappy)

The world was great, gameplay was great, for its time the atmosphere was unmached

9.6 For the GotY eddition

- A shadow of Morrowind
- dull world
- campaign is short and the story laughable
- Simplified gamplay mechanics
- transport??? (really ruined the game for me)

Barozi said:
ultima said:

+Great visuals for when it was released
+HUGE world
+Lots of quests and places

-GLITCHES!
-Monsters level up with you
-The other realm sucked
-Dull gameplay
-Story

I'll never understand why that's a bad thing.

This little thing is the reason why you can do anything or travel anywhere at any time. It would be nonsense to not have that feature and claim that it's an open world game.

It's fine for random demo to level up with you, it's retarded when a level 20 bandit with the best armor in the game is trying to mug you.

Imagine you're walking around in the Imperial City before sunset.

8.5(without mods it would be a 7)

Pros

1 There is tons of content. I've spend 100s of hours in this game. With mods it reaches even more.

2 Customization Even though morrowind did it much better, I enjoyed getting things just right.

3 MODS!!! With mods the game is awesome. I have OOO and MMM which basically fixed the problems I had with combat and the amount of enemies. You also have natural environment mods which make the environments less bland and Quest mods where you play quests other people made.

Cons

1 The main story dragged on way too long. It was repetitive as well. So it didn't really push you.

2 Combat was way too bland. The level system was broken. Enemies were either too easy or too hard depending on what settings you had it on. Nothing in between.( I fixed it with the OOO mod)

3 Enemies were way to bland, and you rarely found anything good to kill. Way too many goblins and ogres(be more creative.) They also rarely showed up, and when they did it was a wolf. I fixed this with the MMM mod though. Which btw is the best mod to be released for the game. Only thing to compete with it is probably OOO.

4 Environments used over way to much. I don't want dozens of temples, caves and gates. I want more variety. There was also way too much forest and mountain. Where is the beaches? Valleys? etc?

5 Other small gripes I didn't mention. Maybe something like the merchant system(which I fixed as well.)