By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

+ A great, large world to explore.
+ Lots and lots of quests.
+ Over 100+ hour playthroughs are commonplace.
- Facial animations

The only reason I gave it a 9.4 is because I like Fallout 3 better, and I gave that a 9.5.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Damn it Smokedhostage!

Please re-review ur score, plz.

Oh not this again, please!! Why can't he just be entitled to his opinion of the game?

Agreed!  Lets drop it.  Haven't we learned by now that arguing with people about their review scores NEVER changes them?

Can you make an exception?  I'll gladly give Oblivion a 10 out of 10 if it will shut people up.

@Darth What does PKMN have to do with this?  It's not fair to judge a JRPG to a WRPG.

@Slime look above.  I'd like to but I can't.

Pixel Art can be fun.

+ First person view
+ breathtaking graphics (for its time)
+ thousand of things to do
+ funny glitches :D
+ extremely addicting
+ beautiful cities

- many ugly NPC models
- copy-paste dungeons
- not funny glitches :(
- rather weak main story

Played it on the PC first. It was really great. Bought then the 360 version for cheap, but it didn't hook me up. I was too lazy to do all the progress again I guess.

darthdevidem01 said:
{zips mouth......but vows to rate down pokemon games in the future for not evolving 1 bit & have his revenge.....shakes fist in the air}

JRPG's in general don't evolve.

Pixel Art can be fun.

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@CGI

lol

I TRIED so hard to make my main character look good!

but everytime I tried to edit him he got WORSE!

I tried to make a hot chick and the result was no different

I actually had good luck, I made a couple gals that weren't bad, you have to go with the Breton. I will try and grab some screenshots for you guys to see if you agree. I made a legitmate hot chick on Mass Effect though, I remember thinking "Damn! This kind of makes me uncomfortable."
OT: 10/10 - I know I have said that I don't think any game deserves a 10 but I have to try and balance SmokedHostages sad score.
+ Just about everything, except:
- Only game that has froze my 360. - Ugly character models.

Around the Network

+Great visuals for when it was released
+HUGE world
+Lots of quests and places

-GLITCHES!
-Monsters level up with you
-The other realm sucked
-Dull gameplay
-Story

Pretty much the same reasons as Fallout 3:

Pros

• Large open world -- It was nice having this huge open world that I could just explore.
  • Stunning next gen graphics -- This was one of the first games that you looked at and knew it was the next gen.
  • The Dark Brotherhood (or whatever they were called) -- I exclusively played an evil character every playthrough because of these quests

Cons

• The same ol' sights -- After the shine wore off, you're wandering through the same damn place
  • Stupid AI -- 'nuff said
  • Unbalanced -- It's just rediculous how unbalanced this game was and the fact like most Bethesda games you get to a point where it just becomes too easy and you stop caring.  I guess then you could of course play the game on the hardest setting but then if you don't level your character perfectly you're screwed.
  • Bandits -- Why are bandits with 20,000 in gear robbing people for muffins?
  • Story -- I never got past Kvatch because I had no motivation to continue.  The game just dumps you into the middle of a large world which is cool, but I need something to push me onto the main story.
  • Gameplay -- Bethesda makes nice RPG's but shitty FPS games.
  • voicework -- everyone sounded the same, kinda odd.
  • Lockpicking -- I hate this mini game
  • SUPER repetive -- I mentioned it once but it deserves to be mentioned again.  This game had three basic areas-- city, forest, and hell and they all looked the same.

- Glitches

ultima said:

+Great visuals for when it was released
+HUGE world
+Lots of quests and places

-GLITCHES!
-Monsters level up with you
-The other realm sucked
-Dull gameplay
-Story

I'll never understand why that's a bad thing.

This little thing is the reason why you can do anything or travel anywhere at any time. It would be nonsense to not have that feature and claim that it's an open world game.

I give oblivion a 9.5/10. It so amazing. I love how theres so many weapons, customizable spells, fun missions. ITs really great. It still stands up today and its like 3 years old.