By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot: All Time Greatest VG Hero, The Final.

Eh, Link is always more popular than Mario on this fan stuff. Just look at the current VGC poll (Zelda > Mario). When Gordon beat Link last round, that was it. Poll was finished.

Freeman... yeah, not much to say about him, except I don't like him much. This poll is run by Steam (advertising) / PC users anyway, which explains the odd results. I'm not just saying this out of my love for Nintendo, either, it's odd enough he knocked out Snake (who surely has a larger fanbase). Since you don't even see Gordon in game (the character you're playing), he's never hyped up like the other characters. Of the Half-life fans I know, none of them are crazy about Gordon (the same can't be said about Snake, Kratos, Link, etc).

Anecdotal? Sure, but that's how I see it.

Around the Network

Fuck this poll. >_>;

Cocomango said:
Frankly, I lost my faith in this character contest when Manny Calavera was beaten by Dante in the first round. And Threepwood being beaten by Wander. And Abe being beaten by Ryu. And Leon Kennedy beating JC Denton. I could probably go on.

No kidding... I cant believe JC denton ost to Kennedy.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Freeman?
i hate video game mutes!

inverted3reality said:
Freeman is not a console man.

And just because they dont talk doesn't mean they dont have character. Gorden is teeming with character.

no PC exclusive character? Just because next gen consoles have caught up enough to merit using the game on the console doesn't mean hes a console character.

Oh...lol, yes it does. His latest game, and all his future itterations will appear on consoles. He's a PC character, yes, but he's also a console character....He certainly isn't a PC exclusive character. That's just wishful thinking.

Also, Gordon is teeming with chracter in your mind, because you've seen his picture, and heard him being talked to in a game, and imagined how cool and charasmatic he must be. In reality, he's never spoken a word, nor actually appeared in any of his games, aside from the occasional wanted photo or pool of water.

Gordon is you, inverted3reality. He's meant to be a nerdy superhero that gamers can project their own personality on. You like him, because he's you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Zen said it. Gordon is you.

Mario on the other hand, is not you. He should win by default.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

i voted for gordon because theres no snake in this... gordon defeat snake by just a few votes... and i also voted gordon because i play HL and HL2 and i never play a mario game... and aint now with almost 20 years of gaming that i am going to start to play some mario games!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Wow, Freeman just barely beat Snake. I was wondering where Snake fell out of the race and there it was, just barely.

Anyway, I voted for Freeman. That's not to say I like Freeman very much. Mario is good and I suppose even the games are good but I'm full of that guy. Nintendo uses him too much.

sergiodaly said:
i voted for gordon because theres no snake in this... gordon defeat snake by just a few votes... and i also voted gordon because i play HL and HL2 and i never play a mario game... and aint now with almost 20 years of gaming that i am going to start to play some mario games!

It's never too late.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

sergiodaly said:

...how can anyone have never played a Mario game?

Not only are they some of the best games of all time, but they are pretty much required playing for general gaming knowledge.

It's like being an avid reader...but having never read the alphabet.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.