By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot: All Time Greatest VG Hero, The Final.

mario or link would have been a better final battle. putting freeman in the final is one of the most ridicious things i have heard in awhile.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
RageBot said:
everdom said:
Both such great characters.

However im inclined to go with freeman, hes somewhat of an enigma!

Plus he's a rogue theoretical physicist with a crowbar :P you just cant beat that!

No, they are some of the worst characters in video game history :)

They don't have any characterization, personality, backstory, nothing.

However, they are great ICONS for gaming, and this is, eventually, what this contest is all about.

Actually Gordon Freeman has more backstory and personality than most characters out there. It's jsut that you aren't told about it you are shown. The way it should be, not by 10 hours of cut-scenes.

I've played HL1, 2 and EP1 and 2 and... he doesn't speak, and no one else speaks about his history.

Once again - he doesn't speak, he doesn't think.

How can someone like that have a "personality".

And why 10 hours of cutscenes? Drake (from Uncharted) has a ton of personality, and it is a less-than-10-hours game, not cutscenes (I still prefer HL2 waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy over Uncharted).

In the case of Gordon, you project personality into him, but on his own, he is nothing more than a log.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

NeoGohan said:

Gamespot sucks

Yes....yes it does. Go Mario!!!

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

What a joke!

Well, this is the first time I've looked at Gamespot in 2 years, so I guess they suckered me into looking. I find it interesting that so many PS3 fans would vote for Freeman (a Valve property)... so much short sightedness. Not to mention that the winning character will be primarily a PC character.

How Freeman beat LINK is beyond me. Yay for internet polls.

^But it's good to know what you should vote for so you don't accidently vote for the wrong guy. :p

Around the Network
Crazymann said:
What a joke!

Well, this is the first time I've looked at Gamespot in 2 years, so I guess they suckered me into looking. I find it interesting that so many PS3 fans would vote for Freeman (a Valve property)... so much short sightedness. Not to mention that the winning character will be primarily a PC character.

Valve held/ are holding a campaign for Gordon to win on Steam.

Anyone who played Half Life, will probably vote Gordon.

Nintendo doesn't always have to win everything.

If Freeman beat link, he'll beat Mario, though with only 2 games under his belt, plus the fact that he's a nameless, and besides advertising faceless hero with nothing but coverart and cameo's to pronounce his greatness, the real question is, which game is better. Mario, Zelda, or Half-Life.

Well, since this is a PC poll, guess which one wins?

In reality, 2 amazing AAA games can never be better than 5. Especially when at least 2 of those games reinvented gaming as we know it. No, Mario is better. Mario has changed things. Link has changed things. Freeman just improved what's already there with epic quality and design. What we have here is PC fanboys being driven to vote with an ad campaign, in a poll that is on the PC. Link, nor Mario, need an ad campaign to prove their greatness. 5 is greater than 2.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Carl2291 said:
Crazymann said:
What a joke!

Valve held/ are holding a campaign for Gordon to win on Steam.

Anyone who played Half Life, will probably vote Gordon.

Nintendo doesn't always have to win everything.

Hmm, interesting. I would think that anyone who played SMW, SMB, SMBIII, SM64, or SMG, would vote for Mario....

I mean, Half Life if great and one of the best games of all time, but it's not much better than anyone of those, if at all.....I mean, hell.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ZenfoldorVGI
While there are many, many heroes I would put in front of Freeman, Mario and Link included, I don't think the quality of the games has much to do with this.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

If Freeman beat link, he'll beat Mario, though with only 2 games under his belt, plus the fact that he's a nameless, and besides advertising faceless hero with nothing but coverart and cameo's to pronounce his greatness, the real question is, which game is better. Mario, Zelda, or Half-Life.

Well, since this is a PC poll, guess which one wins?

In reality, 2 amazing AAA games can never be better than 5. Especially when at least 2 of those games reinvented gaming as we know it. No, Mario is better. Mario has changed things. Link has changed things. Freeman just improved what's already there with epic quality and design. What we have here is PC fanboys being driven to vote with an ad campaign, in a poll that is on the PC. Link, nor Mario, need an ad campaign to prove their greatness. 5 is greater than 2.

You can't compare these games, since each are at the pick of their respective genre.

Choosing the "better" game is simply choosing which of these is your favorite genre - FPS, platformer or adventure.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.