By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 METACRITIC

selnor said:
JerCotter7 said:
selnor said:
AE101 said:
selnor said:
AE101 said:
Still not seeing Selnor in here to eat crow, despite him boasting in other threads that FM3 is the "best racing game ever made".

Score says otherwise.

You know what is even worse and makes alot of te reviews for this game wierd? 70 % complained about the cockpit being to close, so obviously didn't know the game can move the cockpit further back than GT5P's or they never actually played it.

The other thing is reviewers who gave FM3 7 or 8 still finished the review with the words best racing game ever. Makes you wonder hey.

The most important reviewer for this type of game is Inside Sim Racing. They gave it their highest mark ever based on their new review system. Beating PC sims. So to be honest, I couldn't care less. The game is amazing. My best game ever, and it's critically acclaimed as the best racer ever, by all reviewers.

Bolded; Proof plz.

Guess what, it isn't "critically acclaimed as the best racer ever by all reviewers".

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/granturismo3aspec?q=

I would have linked GT1 but that only has 15 reviews (with a score of 96), this has 55 and a score of 95, so explain to me how FM3 is better?

I think you're just mad it's not being critically recieved as well as you thought it would.

There really is no point talking to you. What I meant was the actual review states " Best Racing game EVER " Even though some of them said this and still gave it a 7 or 8. Same review!

Also you cant compare cross generations. If GT1 came out tommorrow it would likely metacritic less than 60%. It had no competition at the time.

I actually couldn't care less about metacritic. The one review I really hoped upon for Forza 3 to do well in was INsideSimRacing. Not only have they got a review system built for reviewing racing games, but they ONLY review using top of the market wheels. When I saw they gave Forza 3 the highest rating over PC sims to, I knew it was a brilliant game. However that did not prepare me for what I played. It has advanced this genre so far, it makes all previous iterations feel inadiquite. This game is built for sim fans alone. If anyone pics this up expecting it to be toned down for casulas you will be dissapointed. I am plating with difficulty at +85% and it is so bloody hard. I have never experienced elevation and bumps in a track on a videogame affect your car so realistically. This will take months and months to master.

Don't ever say a bad word about GT1. Ever!!! But that's why GT5 will probably be regarded as being better than Forza 3 and Forza 4 being an improvement over GT5. Never ending cycle. Just because something is the best today doesn't mean it always will be. There is no doubt that Forza 3 is more advanced than GT1 but compared to other sims on consoles it's not as far ahead of it's time as any GT has been so far. But that might change now that GT actually has competition haha.

Oh yes it is. It's the biggest step of ANY sim game of any time. GT1-GT2-GT3-GT4-GT5P or FM1 - FM2 all these are not big leaps in terms of the game as a whole. FM3 is the biggest leap ever in a racing game. It's physics are in a league of their own, and the scenery. OMG the scenery. I didn't hate on GT1, I pointed out times change. And there is no way you can call GT1 the best racer ever. It's not like other genres. It's physics are arcadey by any standards today.

GT1 is the best ever to me. But that is more nostalgia than the game actually being the best. And I can't really comment much on Forza 3. I just call it like I see it and I haven't seen that much of a difference from the videos. A lot of it has been done before. Could be a completely different story when you actually play the game. So feel free to ignore what I'm saying.

Around the Network

Update:

Dropped to 91 - http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/forzamotorsport3

Unlikely to drop lower, but could possibly go back to 92.

ive revised my score.

i think 89-90 is better

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...