By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
selnor said:
AE101 said:
Still not seeing Selnor in here to eat crow, despite him boasting in other threads that FM3 is the "best racing game ever made".

Score says otherwise.

You know what is even worse and makes alot of te reviews for this game wierd? 70 % complained about the cockpit being to close, so obviously didn't know the game can move the cockpit further back than GT5P's or they never actually played it.

The other thing is reviewers who gave FM3 7 or 8 still finished the review with the words best racing game ever. Makes you wonder hey.

The most important reviewer for this type of game is Inside Sim Racing. They gave it their highest mark ever based on their new review system. Beating PC sims. So to be honest, I couldn't care less. The game is amazing. My best game ever, and it's critically acclaimed as the best racer ever, by all reviewers.

Bolded; Proof plz.

Guess what, it isn't "critically acclaimed as the best racer ever by all reviewers".

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/granturismo3aspec?q=

I would have linked GT1 but that only has 15 reviews (with a score of 96), this has 55 and a score of 95, so explain to me how FM3 is better?

I think you're just mad it's not being critically recieved as well as you thought it would.

Around the Network

Different reviewers? The best it had to offer at the time but now standards have improved? the only real racing game at the time so very little competition?

But you don't want answers just to keep hating on Forza, or is it Selnor? or anything not PS3?

I don't want answers either.
I have them.

From what I've read from the reviews a lot of  Forza 3  cons could be applied to the GT series also. That's is you get tons of cars and tracks yet the races themselves are hard to balance especially endurance races. Most often with most race games either I have won or loss the race in the first few laps.(more laps only delays the obvious win or loss) With FM or GT either the races are easy to win with a variety of cars especially with upgrades or so hard that only one car fully upgraded can give you a chance to win. (If only a few cars are actually useful in winning races then that kind of kills the point of having 400-900+ cars .)

While GT3 had a over all higher score than a game like Nascar 03 I actually enjoy and spend more time playing Nascar 03 than GT3. Nascar doesn't have tons of car but I had a lot better door to door racing especially with it's career mode. (Strangely EA has done a half-way job on the  more recent versions of Nascar.)

Now that games like GT and Forza has been done so often  you will more likely to find reviewers not as excited over Forza 3 or GT5  like they would when GT3 first came out. 

AE101 said:
selnor said:
AE101 said:
Still not seeing Selnor in here to eat crow, despite him boasting in other threads that FM3 is the "best racing game ever made".

Score says otherwise.

You know what is even worse and makes alot of te reviews for this game wierd? 70 % complained about the cockpit being to close, so obviously didn't know the game can move the cockpit further back than GT5P's or they never actually played it.

The other thing is reviewers who gave FM3 7 or 8 still finished the review with the words best racing game ever. Makes you wonder hey.

The most important reviewer for this type of game is Inside Sim Racing. They gave it their highest mark ever based on their new review system. Beating PC sims. So to be honest, I couldn't care less. The game is amazing. My best game ever, and it's critically acclaimed as the best racer ever, by all reviewers.

Bolded; Proof plz.

Guess what, it isn't "critically acclaimed as the best racer ever by all reviewers".

I would have linked GT1 but that only has 15 reviews (with a score of 96), this has 55 and a score of 95, so explain to me how FM3 is better?

I think you're just mad it's not being critically recieved as well as you thought it would.

There really is no point talking to you. What I meant was the actual review states " Best Racing game EVER " Even though some of them said this and still gave it a 7 or 8. Same review!

Also you cant compare cross generations. If GT1 came out tommorrow it would likely metacritic less than 60%. It had no competition at the time.

I actually couldn't care less about metacritic. The one review I really hoped upon for Forza 3 to do well in was INsideSimRacing. Not only have they got a review system built for reviewing racing games, but they ONLY review using top of the market wheels. When I saw they gave Forza 3 the highest rating over PC sims to, I knew it was a brilliant game. However that did not prepare me for what I played. It has advanced this genre so far, it makes all previous iterations feel inadiquite. This game is built for sim fans alone. If anyone pics this up expecting it to be toned down for casulas you will be dissapointed. I am plating with difficulty at +85% and it is so bloody hard. I have never experienced elevation and bumps in a track on a videogame affect your car so realistically. This will take months and months to master.

well I wouldn't put too much weight on InsideSimRacing score since they admit they may change FM3 score after GT5 come out. They just revisit their Lotus car score and now it's the top car on the chart. They also said they may revisit some PC sims  later on to score on their new weight score system. No doubt some of older PC sims probably won't score as high on some areas like graphics.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:

well I wouldn't put too much weight on InsideSimRacing score since they admit they may change FM3 score after GT5 come out. They just revisit their Lotus car score and now it's the top car on the chart. They also said they may revisit some PC sims  later on to score on their new weight score system. No doubt some of older PC sims probably won't score as high on some areas like graphics.

But likewise they said it was an early review score and they will review it again when they finish it all. So it may go up also. :)

But yeah the GT5 vs FM3 showdown they are doing will be cool. FM2 beat GT5P so it's gonna be interesting.

excellent!

selnor said:
AE101 said:
selnor said:
AE101 said:

Score says otherwise.

Bolded; Proof plz.

There really is no point talking to you. What I meant was the actual review states " Best Racing game EVER " Even though some of them said this and still gave it a 7 or 8. Same review!

Also you cant compare cross generations. If GT1 came out tommorrow it would likely metacritic less than 60%. It had no competition at the time.

I actually couldn't care less about metacritic. The one review I really hoped upon for Forza 3 to do well in was INsideSimRacing. Not only have they got a review system built for reviewing racing games, but they ONLY review using top of the market wheels. When I saw they gave Forza 3 the highest rating over PC sims to, I knew it was a brilliant game. However that did not prepare me for what I played. It has advanced this genre so far, it makes all previous iterations feel inadiquite. This game is built for sim fans alone. If anyone pics this up expecting it to be toned down for casulas you will be dissapointed. I am plating with difficulty at +85% and it is so bloody hard. I have never experienced elevation and bumps in a track on a videogame affect your car so realistically. This will take months and months to master.

Don't ever say a bad word about GT1. Ever!!! But that's why GT5 will probably be regarded as being better than Forza 3 and Forza 4 being an improvement over GT5. Never ending cycle. Just because something is the best today doesn't mean it always will be. There is no doubt that Forza 3 is more advanced than GT1 but compared to other sims on consoles it's not as far ahead of it's time as any GT has been so far. But that might change now that GT actually has competition haha.

outside of the awful announcer guy this rocks, i was worried for the first three races or so when the car i was racing i hated cause i couldn't find one i wanted and the first selection pane did not seem to offer further detail, but now its rocking got my eagle talon as what i consider my starter car and rockin it till i cant find anymore races for it

quickie, is there anyway to shut that guy up outside of turning all sound fx off? i did not see it in the options

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

JerCotter7 said:
selnor said:
AE101 said:
selnor said:
AE101 said:

Score says otherwise.

Bolded; Proof plz.

Don't ever say a bad word about GT1. Ever!!! But that's why GT5 will probably be regarded as being better than Forza 3 and Forza 4 being an improvement over GT5. Never ending cycle. Just because something is the best today doesn't mean it always will be. There is no doubt that Forza 3 is more advanced than GT1 but compared to other sims on consoles it's not as far ahead of it's time as any GT has been so far. But that might change now that GT actually has competition haha.

Oh yes it is. It's the biggest step of ANY sim game of any time. GT1-GT2-GT3-GT4-GT5P or FM1 - FM2 all these are not big leaps in terms of the game as a whole. FM3 is the biggest leap ever in a racing game. It's physics are in a league of their own, and the scenery. OMG the scenery. I didn't hate on GT1, I pointed out times change. And there is no way you can call GT1 the best racer ever. It's not like other genres. It's physics are arcadey by any standards today.