By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Smidlee said:

To avoid the hype for any game I don't waste my time reading the super high reviews like 100. I found the lower scores often give me the most information when it comes to buying the game. Mitchell Gamepro's review was very helpful as this reviewer was not taking in by all the hype yet after reading his review F3 is clearly a must buy for a hardcore racer who like lengthy races.

I know fans like to see a 100 score for their favor game but for me I totally ignore these hyped reviews.

I agree.  The InsideSimRacing's review speaks volumes more for the game than pretty much any other site out there.  And it got an 89 from them.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@papflesje

that explains a lot.

so how many dedicated sony, wii, 360 mags/sites score games for them I wonder...

I guarantee that every sony contributing site scores GT5 a 100, to make sure it beats forza.

That's probably why they "weigh" certain sites higher. On top of that, if we review on PS3, we can't state it's 360 as well, so that score will only go to the PS3-version of that game. That may help that single game, or may hurt it. I think it's relatively harmless. Besides, the 360 mags / PS3 mags will probably both do the same thing, while fans will always find reviews to prove that they are stricter on their own platform-games. In any case, considering that Metacritic is easier to get to when you're English (something gameranking even requires), it's probably even safer to say more US and UK mags are in the list, meaning 360 gets more chances to get favourable reviews imho.

JaggedSac said:
Is that a real commercial?

Yep.

should settle 90-92

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Still not seeing Selnor in here to eat crow, despite him boasting in other threads that FM3 is the "best racing game ever made".

Score says otherwise.

Around the Network

scores are subjective.
Seems that most on here who actually own the game and have been playing it thoroughly agree with him

AE101 said:
Still not seeing Selnor in here to eat crow, despite him boasting in other threads that FM3 is the "best racing game ever made".

Score says otherwise.

You know what is even worse and makes alot of te reviews for this game wierd? 70 % complained about the cockpit being to close, so obviously didn't know the game can move the cockpit further back than GT5P's or they never actually played it.

The other thing is reviewers who gave FM3 7 or 8 still finished the review with the words best racing game ever. Makes you wonder hey.

The most important reviewer for this type of game is Inside Sim Racing. They gave it their highest mark ever based on their new review system. Beating PC sims. So to be honest, I couldn't care less. The game is amazing. My best game ever, and it's critically acclaimed as the best racer ever, by all reviewers.

man i cant wait to play tomorrow after work.... so thinking about taking a Wednesday off this week to enjoy the game... but then that would eat into my over time which pays for my gaming budget....

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

well being mainly a pc user i have to say gt5 is a lot better looking than this one and having the acclaim "best racing game ever" i presume refers to consoles although IMHO mario kart on the snes was waaay better and also if going on consoles alone GT5 will probably beat this one to death but ultimately both will succumb to the playability of mario kart

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Awesome, it was 2 below my predictions, but 92 is a great benchmark. The negative reviews i still question, because some of the reviewers didn't like sim-racing...which makes you question WHY they reviewed it in the first place, and if they would've understood the game's full mechanics...but whatever, 92 is a great position on Metacritic, and makes it AAA. Nice job Turn 10.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar