By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here is still excited for the release of Project Natal next year?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Are you guys seriously arguing over whether this camera is a double camera, triple camera, super camera, or camera with a computer and mic inside it? Because those are all cameras. Natal is a device that creates digital information from light and sends it to a computer. It's a camera.

What a weird argument.

When you play video games that have guns that shoot multiple types of ammo, do you call them guns or make up some stupid name for them?

Natal is a device.  A camera is a device.

Natal CONTAINS cameras, a cpu, a mic, etc.

Natal is therefore an advanced input device.  You cannot reduce what it is just by one or two of it's main parts.  You don't call a Cell Phone a camera when it has a cpu, a camera, and a microphone.....

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Are you guys seriously arguing over whether this camera is a double camera, triple camera, super camera, or camera with a computer and mic inside it? Because those are all cameras. Natal is a device that creates digital information from light and sends it to a computer. It's a camera.

What a weird argument.

When you play video games that have guns that shoot multiple types of ammo, do you call them guns or make up some stupid name for them?

Natal is therefore an advanced input device.  You cannot reduce what it is just by one or two of it's main parts.  You don't call a Cell Phone a camera when it has a cpu, a camera, and a microphone.....

Yeah you do.  You call it a smartphone or an iPhone or a camera phone.  It's a type of phone.  Or you can just call every device made from here on out "a multi-functional computing device," but then everybody will think you're nuts.

nightsurge said:

What a weird argument.

How about calling a cellphone a ... i dunno, PHONE?

I LOVE ICELAND!

I'm not excited for this any more than I was excited for the eye toy when it hit the PS2... Big deal. If I wanted something like this, I would have gotten the playstation eye. Natal wont make me start playing 360 again.

Something like Natal should have been there from the beginning, and advertised. It's not going to move consoles, nothing of it's kind in previous generations moved consoles, this wont be any different.

However, if YOU want it, it's YOUR money, and YOUR stuff. Hell, buy 3 Natal units if you want, I have no reason to care.. It's your stuff... enjoy YOUR stuff. And, I'll enjoy mine.

Errr...right...Natal is just a camera. That's like say an old 386 is just a computer like a Quad Core...or those old brick cellphone is just like the IPhone...do some people think when they are posting some of this stuff...I just wonder?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I'm still excited. It's one of the few things i'm hyped for in terms of gaming

MontanaHatchet said:
Natal likely won't do anything in Japan. Worldwide, it might give it a boost, but I really doubt it will make any significant changes in sales. Should be an interesting add-on though. Sadly, it's being overhyped by 360 fans and is bound to disappoint many. Just wait until the thing is at least somewhat close to coming out.

You serious? I would think Japan is the one place Natal might show the most interest. The idea behind Natal certainly seems to fascinate the Japanese. I do agree that it may boost X360 a bit in NA and PAL as well especially the Wii crowd. Who knows maybe we will start seeing X360 with Natal's attached at nursing homes now instead of Wii's. LOL

As for OP, I am still fascinated by the possibilities that Natal may offer/allow. Until I see any kind of software on it that peaks my interest  it will be just that and only that.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

nightsurge said:

What a weird argument.

Yeah you do.  You call it a smartphone or an iPhone or a camera phone.  It's a type of phone.  Or you can just call every device made from here on out "a multi-functional computing device," but then everybody will think you're nuts.

Really?  So you say, "Hey give me a sec, I gotta call my mom on my camera real quick," when referring to your cell phone?  That's weird.....

Natal is not a "type" of camera, though.  It is a type of input device.

LordMatrix said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Natal likely won't do anything in Japan. Worldwide, it might give it a boost, but I really doubt it will make any significant changes in sales. Should be an interesting add-on though. Sadly, it's being overhyped by 360 fans and is bound to disappoint many. Just wait until the thing is at least somewhat close to coming out.

You serious? I would think Japan is the one place Natal might show the most interest. The idea behind Natal certainly seems to fascinate the Japanese. I do agree that it may boost X360 a bit in NA and PAL as well especially the Wii crowd. Who knows maybe we will start seeing X360 with Natal's attached at nursing homes now instead of Wii's. LOL

As for OP, I am still fascinated by the possibilities that Natal may offer/allow. Until I see any kind of software on it that peaks my interest  it will be just that and only that.

Given the strong response from leading developers in Japan...I think there's a solid chance that Natal might have success in Japan...is it going to start some radical re-alignment of the gaming industry in Japan...I highly doubt that, but I do think it's going to make an impact, just as M$ push to provide seed funding for jrpgs helped to get those games on it's platform.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I am very excited about the Natal. If it goes out without a hitch it will indeed increase sales and be the next best thing to sliced bread. Cheers MS for giving it a go.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!