By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here is still excited for the release of Project Natal next year?

I know I am, as a gamer and supporter of the Xbox 360, in addition to the new experiences from various game developers, I am excited to see what Project Natal will do for Xbox 360 sales all around the world especially in Japan where they have the most ground to make up.

I am still excited despite the hate Sony fanboys show, just because it wasn't Sony that came up with the idea, LOL. I am sure if Sony and Microsoft switched presentations, Sony fanboys would be saying how great Sony is for coming up with the idea of controller-free gaming and how Microsoft's motion controller is just a rip-off of Nintendo's wii-mote.

Here is the E3 2009: Project Natal anouncement video to keep the hype-train going until the release next year my fellow Xbox supporters, enjoy and discuss.

Around the Network

Natal likely won't do anything in Japan. Worldwide, it might give it a boost, but I really doubt it will make any significant changes in sales. Should be an interesting add-on though. Sadly, it's being overhyped by 360 fans and is bound to disappoint many. Just wait until the thing is at least somewhat close to coming out.

I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I am very curious to see what ideas talented developers come up with. It will take something like that for me to purchase it as a current 360 owner.

MontanaHatchet said:
Natal likely won't do anything in Japan. Worldwide, it might give it a boost, but I really doubt it will make any significant changes in sales. Should be an interesting add-on though. Sadly, it's being overhyped by 360 fans and is bound to disappoint many. Just wait until the thing is at least somewhat close to coming out.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I believe Natal will give 360 a BIG Boost along with a new SKU.

But what im really waiting for is Kojima and Peter projects with NATAL!

Around the Network

I will get it day 1

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I am not hyped for Natal and not hyped Sony's sphere.

They bought have to be amazing before I will be hyped at all....

I hate to go VERY off topic, but Natal is stolen from Ninty and Sony as much as the wand is a rip off of the wiimote.

Sony had eyetoy and PSeye, Ninty researched the 3d motion tracking that natal will have, but abandoned it in favour of the wiimote for several reasons

But yes, I am quite excited by natal, although at E3 I was always more excited by the idea that Milo might eventually be turned into a product Edit 1 - this post will be taken out of context unless you also read my 2nd post Edit 2 - My point was more that the OP should not have criticised Sony for 'ripping off Nintendo' rather than saying that MS should be criticised for 'ripping off Nintendo and Sony'

Milo is a GAME.

scottie said:
I hate to go VERY off topic, but Natal is stolen from Ninty and Sony as much as the wand is a rip off of the wiimote.

Sony had eyetoy and PSeye, Ninty researched the 3d motion tracking that natal will have, but abandoned it in favour of the wiimote for several reasons

But yes, I am quite excited by natal, although at E3 I was always more excited by the idea that Milo might eventually be turned into a product

Those reactions were outdated one day after the announcement of Natal...Why bring it back up?