By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX360's lead will be over PS3 will be at 10 Million on January 2011.

deathgod33 said:
i expected a fanboy post, but i actually got something believable- honestly.

lol, i felt the same XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

What's funny is that people look at the launch of PS3 slim, and talk in terms as if M$ and Nintendo are resting on their laurels...Sony just launched a RE-DESIGNED console...lol...M$ and Nintendo will launch their's next year, and those consoel will probably have the same effect that Slim had...what's going to be Sony move then...launch a PS3 Super Slim? Don't get me wrong, Slim's launch has been great for the playstation flaggin behind, but it's 8 million to 360, and almost double it's based to Wii...good luck is closing the gap before M$ and Nintendo response, even more pronounced then they have with price cuts.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

well I won't say it's impossible, but unlikely in my opinion

Regardless of the 360's absolutely monstrous game lineup next year, I doubt it will start pouncing the PS3 anytime soon.

I dont think it will be 10m that easy. But i think MS knows what they're doing.

Around the Network

If you think Sony wasnt aware of this:

This holiday season the ps3 will outsell the 360 about 2-3 million.
Then Sony will release games like God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicles and M.A.G. in Q1 + Sony Motion Controls.
Gran Turismo 5, God Of War 3 and Motion Controls - WOW

Bluray becoming mainstream will help PS3 sales even more.
Then technically PS3 will make the gap even bigger between ps3 and 360, because of games like Uncharted 2,GT5,Heavy Rain, FF13 (1 disc vs 4 discs) and GoW3 fall 2009/ Q1 2010.
Then you have David Jaffes new game (Twisted Metal HD?), Resistance 3,The Last Guardian, Modnation racers, The Agent and FF14 for the end of 2010.
And games like ME2 and Splinter cell will likely go multiplat.

Trust me, next year the PS3 will destroy the 360 even more.The Sony wand is coming out earlier and wii to ps3 ports are possible.
With LBP and RE5 you have 2 great Launch title for the motion device. And thePS3 wand has much more support from 3rd party devs, nobody knows what to do with natal?

AAnd why should the trying? ps3 and wii are more than enough

Then you have games like Gran Turismo 5, God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, The Agent, FF14, Modnation Races and many more (all potential AAA Exclusives) + Bluray and many JRPGs in japan. and the marketing from sony is a HUGE step forward of what we have seen earlier this gen.

Do u really think the fourth Halo this gen will have any impact?
or the sequel to a disaspointing fable 2? (most people thought it was overrated)
okay Geow3 is cool, but it will be hard for Epic to come close to Uncharted 2.

So my prediction is:

The Gap will be closed to 5-5,5 million this year
and 0-1,5 million in favour of the ps3 next year

@Ironman: As stated already this is NOT a 360 thread, this is pure flame bait.

@OP: Sony already has a counter to pretty much every "advantage" you list. The line up for PS3 for 2010 is looking just a hot as X360's if not more IMO so there goes the advantage to a probable tie. Natal will NOT be cheap regardless of what you might think, well I admit that is just my opinion, but nobody knows at this point. If MS has a price drop next year Sony will likely follow suit (just like MS did with Sony this year).

@Heruamon: MS and Nintendo aren't pals so why are you dragging them in to your fight against Sony? There is not guarantee that MS will launch a slim X360 but I would agree they will. The catch is I think Sony will match any price breaks they have from this point on, but we will all have to wait and see won't we? Oh and the lead by MS isn't 8 million anymore as someone else also pointed out, nice how you guys round up over a half million consoles lol. As to Nintendo's lead the way you wrote that MS and Nintendo are tied or something, trust me if PS3 isn't going to catch Wii I can PROMISE you that X360 won't.

I also do not think MS releasing a Slim will have the same impact that Sony did. There were a lot of people waiting for Sony to drop the price and the Slim coming with the drop was big. MS already has an Arcade unit which is their "lower price point".

Overall I find it funny that SOME X360 owners act like Natal is the second coming when most of what we have viewed for what it does has been "fixed and rigged" videos. I admit it will be cool but so will Sony's version too (although I wish Sony would change the look of the ice cream cone because I think it is ugly lol).

How is what I'm saying "flamebait"? I own a launch PS3.

All I'm saying is in 2010...
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell - Conviction
Mass Effect 2
Gears 3 (maybe)
Fable III
Halo Reach
Natal Embedded XBOX360 w/New Games

...and HEAVY Marketing.

Halo and Gears are the two biggest franchises on the HD Consoles. Are they not?

And the 360 is already outselling the PS3 in America after the release of the PS3 Slim.

Is it not fair to assume that the 360 will MINIMALLY restore the 8 million console lead?
Is it not fair to assume that the PS3 will look a little dull when Natal is released? (Kojima. Molyneux. Spielberg. All on board?)

Also with Japan showing interest in Natal's technology?

I think that it's foolish to not think it's possible.

I don't think Natal is going to be as big of a hit as people think it's going to be either. When Natal hits it's entirely possible that the wii will drop it's price to $150 and release the vitality sensor to stop Natal from eating into a substantial amount of wii sales. If people thought $300 was a sweet spot, imagine what 150$ would be. Some might consider this lucadcrious but if nintendo is still profitting from the wii right now, how much could they really loose by dropping the price? They could easily make back 30 to 40 dollars that were lost through popular first party releases if they were even loosing that much. And as for the ps3, if the 360 drops it's price, then as mentioned by others in this post, sony will likely drop the price to $250. I don't think the release of the playstation motion controller will initially sells consoles, but the true effect of course will be in dampering the natal sales and eventually making multiplatform shooters like call of duty and other campatible hardcore gamer games look more appealing on ps3. If microsoft does not bundle natal, I can't see it catching on all that much and same with the ps3 motion controller. If microsoft does bundle natal, it will for microsoft to lower the price. I can't see the gap ever being 10 million let alone 8 million again.

This brain makes my thread hurt.