By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX360's lead will be over PS3 will be at 10 Million on January 2011.

And Sony does nothing.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
And Sony does nothing.

Exactly.

OT: Hmmmm...Legend11, that's it.

Right?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

just a couple things.

1. halo reach, fable III, GeoW 3,...the release of Halo ODST should be enough proof that new releases of old franchises don't push hardware.

2. 32.26M - 24.79M = 7.47M lead for the 360 which is not 8+

natal is the only wild card but the 360's lead will be cut down quite a bit going into next holiday. i don't think even a wildly successful natal can get the 360 to sell some 5ish million units over and above the ps3's next holiday sales.

Completely ignoring what PlayStation has.
An alt, and a guy that praises Microsoft..
I'm not surprised.

it's dsister guys .

:P

Around the Network

What are the "heavy hitters in the first 3 quarters of 2010", again?  Sufficient to allow 360 to sell more than PS3 with its game lineup, including GT5?

I think PS3 will outsell 360 through the holidays AND the first 3 quarters of 2010 unless 360 drops in price in the first or second quarter 2010.  The gap (if no early price drop) will then be harder for MS to make up with its holiday new SKU and price drop.  I also think Sony may manage another price drop in late 2010 ($249).

What about Natal's pricing?
Game delays?
Sony's wand/game line-up for 2010??

It's too early to tell anything. 2010 is still anyone's game.

what does Natal even....do?

you know what's funny a $199 PS3 will sell more hardware than Natal, Halo 3, HALO Reach put together. I Hope it happens.

A $99 360 will sell crazy too, but with NATAL, it might be a litttle expensive.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I've always wondered how some people can have such a heavy console allegiance. Pretty pathetic really.

Ahh well, let's just wait 'til Natal comes out and disappoints saleswise (at least in terms of expectations like these).