By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX360's lead will be over PS3 will be at 10 Million on January 2011.

JaggedSac said:
Regardless of the 360's absolutely monstrous game lineup next year, I doubt it will start pouncing the PS3 anytime soon.

Monstrous game lineup?. Another Halo game the fourth this gen. Another gears sequel is just preaching to the converted. Fable, Alan Wake the other likely exclusives from MS, a pretty sparse lineup if you ask me. From Sony in the first 4 months of 2010 alone we have MAG, GT5, GOW3, Heavy rain, WKC, Modnation racers, MLB the show 2010, the motion controller and games. I'd go as far as to say Q1 2010 is the real re-launch of the ps3.

Around the Network

In order for what you said to work, Sony must do nothing and keep their hands up their arses in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, your predictions seems rather fair but you must think of what Sony will do.

TheDynamo said:

Is it not fair to assume that the 360 will MINIMALLY restore the 8 million console lead?

It might be reasonable to predict, thought it may prove wrong.

That's very different than your thread title, though.  You didn't predict an 8 million gap.  You declared that it would be 10 million.  You also did it by neglecting what PS3 had to counter 360 in 2010.  Therefore the thread prediction has only tenuous foundation.

GT and MW are both bigger than Gears, btw, and Gears 3 ain't announced.

alanshearer said:
JaggedSac said:
Regardless of the 360's absolutely monstrous game lineup next year, I doubt it will start pouncing the PS3 anytime soon.

Monstrous game lineup?. Another Halo game the fourth this gen. Another gears sequel is just preaching to the converted. Fable, Alan Wake the other likely exclusives from MS, a pretty sparse lineup if you ask me. From Sony in the first 4 months of 2010 alone we have MAG, GT5, GOW3, Heavy rain, WKC, Modnation racers, MLB the show 2010, the motion controller and games. I'd go as far as to say Q1 2010 is the real re-launch of the ps3.

RED : Those games will barely make a huge boost.

And you must take into consideration Natal. Months before release and yet almost everyone knows about it.

Lol this is almost as bad as saying PS3 will close the gap by mid 2010

Around the Network

Sad troll is sad. Kleenex?

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
ironman said:
Nice, a bunch of Sony fanboys trolling a 360 thread...why am I not surprised?
Anyway, The op has a point, I am not going to speculate on how sales will be because anything can happen between now and then, but everything that was listed in the OP will definitely boost sales. The PS3 has a decent line up of games, but with a new SKU, possible pricecuts, new hardware, and a pretty decent lineup of games...well, Sony had better be on their toes, after all, they only have a decent line up of games and the wand announced. BTW,
Halo Reach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ODST.
ODST was more of an expansion (and overpriced one at that) And cannot be used as a standard to measure how Reach will do.

This is a 360 vs PS3 sales thread started to stir up controversy by a 1-post account; this is not a 360 thread.  And the OP (and pterodactyl by incorporation) have taken the worst of it so far.

I'm not surprised you view it differently, though.

Yeah, I guess new users are not allowed to post unless it's something rediculously pro Sony...bah, you people disgust me. I already said I don't know that I agree with the sales numbers, I also said that I believe the OP may have a point, something which you know, but can't bring yourself to say. I mean really, you people are all up in here saying that Halo is dead because it had one "expansion pack" sell like an average game You forget about Halo Reach which is probably going to sell as well if not better than Halo 3. Then you go on to say that the PS3 exclusive list is better than the 360 exclusive list...that is not true at all, I would say they are about the same, although the 360 has a larger linup, so it may have an edge. AND to top it all off, you act like the 360 relaunch with Natal won't be a big thing, thats like the people who were denying that the Slim would not cause the PS3 to sell better...it's just plain stupid. This thread is MUCH more objective than some I have seen from both sides of the isle, and Aside from the title (which wasn't a dig on the PS3, but rather hyping up the 360), I don't see any flamebate, infact if you read the thread, you would see that the only thing the OP is doing is try to counter the fapping of the PS3 fanboys by trying to get you ready for MS's counter attack against the slim and pricecut. Fricken fanboys, you all need to go to hell! At least there nobody can hear your trolling over the screaming.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

TheDynamo said:
How is what I'm saying "flamebait"? I own a launch PS3.

All I'm saying is in 2010...
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell - Conviction
Mass Effect 2
Gears 3 (maybe)
Fable III
Halo Reach
Natal Embedded XBOX360 w/New Games

Okay that's a better list

The ps3's confirmed or reasonable to expect list for the whole year

GT5

MAG

GOW3

Modnation racers

WKC

The last Guardian

Agent

MLB the show 2010

Heavy rain

Starhawk

Twisted Metal

Motorstorm 3

Ape Escape (wand version is all we know at the mo)

Resistance 3

There's also Sony studios that have been dormant for an awfully long time. Will we get games in 2010 from the likes of Studio Liverpool, Studio Cambridge, maybe a Syphon filter from Sony Bend?, a game from Media Molecule?.

Also, let's not forget...

Sony will release most of the games that you listed before Quarter 4 of 2010.

If they "shoot their entire load" prior to the Christmas Season, how will they combat the attack of Halo Reach and Project Natal?

What games come out for Sony in Quarter 4?

TheDynamo said:

Also, let's not forget...

Sony will release most of the games that you listed before Quarter 4 of 2010.

If they "shoot their entire load" prior to the Christmas Season, how will they combat the attack of Halo Reach and Project Natal?

What games come out for Sony in Quarter 4?

If they come out before Q4, they'll completely overwhelm the 360 "heavy hitters" in Q1-3 that you mentioned earlier.  Then MS will have some heavy lifting to do in Q4 because the gap will be well, well under 8 million by that point.  (barring 360 price cut in Q1 or Q2)