By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (09/21 - 09/27)

OBVIOUSLY its the same PS3 owners re-purchasing the Slim model.. thought this was confirmed after the 550k week. Gosh!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
You guys do know if the PS3 settles at 200k it would outsell the wii for the remainder of the year?

Nah after its own cut the Wii will probably settle around 250k until NSMB and the holydays get started.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

postofficebuddy said:
luisgvm said:
awesome week!!. i want tales of vesperia!!!. is it coming to america?.

The current rumor is that it will. The VA's have said that they've been called back. No official word from BamCo though. As far as PS3 sales are concerned, I'm as baffled as everyone else. It will be very interesting to see next week's #s.

yeah i heard that too. well, lets hope it comes to america. i know i am surprised too with the hardware sales!. congratulations to the ps3!!. and all the consoles too!.

Ail said:
leo-j said:
You guys do know if the PS3 settles at 200k it would outsell the wii for the remainder of the year?

Nah after its own cut the Wii will probably settle around 250k until NSMB and the holydays get started.

SO you think the wii cut is going to boost wii hardware well over 250K then

mM

I think next week Wii is going to do 245k, then the week after back to 199k

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
I think next week Wii is going to do 245k, then the week after back to 199k

How is that even possible? If you track any price cut it never returns to those levels that quickly. I hope to god you were being sarcastic or something. By Price cut I mean the cheapest or only SKU getting a price cut.

I'll be honest, I've noticed almost no uptick in sales for the Wii this week at my store. That's probably because 1. it's only a $50 price cut, and 2. price never had much to do with the Wii's sales in the first place.

I'm sure there was some boost overall, but what the Wii needs is another Wii Sports or Wii Fit. Price has never been an inhibiting/contributing factor to the Wii's success. It's always been about software.

If New Super Mario Bros. Wii becomes as successful as the first NSMB, it should perk up the Wii's sales nicely.

makingmusic476 said:

I'll be honest, I've noticed almost no uptick in sales for the Wii this week at my store. That's probably because 1. it's only a $50 price cut, and 2. price never had much to do with the Wii's sales in the first place.

I'm sure there was some boost overall, but what the Wii needs is another Wii Sports or Wii Fit. Price has never been an inhibiting/contributing factor to the Wii's success. It's always been about software.

If New Super Mario Bros. Wii becomes as successful as the first NSMB, it should perk up the Wii's sales nicely.

This. I dont remember anyone ive ever met that wanted a wii but didnt want to pay. It was wanting a wii but couldnt find one.

Such a true statement, sir.

According to Schuelma on NeoGaf,
"The usually pretty reliable MC leak has PS3 closer to 42K and Wii closer to 11K."

CGI-Quality said:
outlawauron said:
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
its due to ToV probably.

Two weeks in a row? Nah, it's something else, perhaps.... * gasp * people just WANT a PS3....

Is it that hard to imagine people?

It's hard to imagine because of no software releasing and we did not see any rises. What did these people buy with their PS3s? PS3 lost its price advantage in the BluRay department a long time ago.

That's why it's hard to believe.

The only explanation: people must REALLY WANT a PS3. That COULD be a reason you know....

Why do they want one is the question.

Why did software sales take a dive while hardware sales remained mostly flat. I mean, that should be the reason why they want one.

People certainly aren't going to buy a PS3 just to look at it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.