By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (09/21 - 09/27)

PS3 is pimpin right now, I think it will stay around 45-50K next week with some of the games coming out!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???

Around the Network

Maybe it was the NGS2 advert?

Japanese love boobs confirmed?

This is obviously a result of the amazing White Knight Chronicles 2 being announced at TGS.

But in all seriousness, this reminds me of the PSP-2000. The new, smaller, lighter form factor lead to increased sales for years, and it saved a dying console in the region.

makingmusic476 said:
This is obviously a result of the amazing White Knight Chronicles 2 being announced at TGS.

But in all seriousness, this reminds me of the PSP-2000. The new, smaller, lighter form factor lead to increased sales for years, and it saved a dying console in the region.

PSP was dying in Japan?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

PSP was dying in Japan?

Slowly, but for handheld, yeah.  Software announcements were drying up.  Square moved their FF ports to DS.  Sales were around 20k regularly, the lowest ever for PSP.  Monster Hunter was all it had going for it.  Then after the Slim it started selling 70k+ regularly for months, and as such Japanese developers jumped back on board in full force.

Around the Network

Wow 50k again, why though..lol

wenlan said:
koffieboon said:
wenlan said:
ioi said:
I have no logical explanation for PS3 selling 50k this week

TGS09?

All I can think of is Silver Week which might have slowed down the drop in sales

silver week was a week before (TOV launch week).

Silver Week was from 19 to 23 September, so the actual free days apart from the weekend were in this weeks numbers. It was also the reason why the numbers came out later last week.

when r we going to get MC n Dengeki numbers?

h so its due to silver week

but then why did other consoles go down?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

2 things i noticed about the X360, new games are not pushing hardware and the 10,000Y price cut is not having any effect.