By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (09/21 - 09/27)

the 360 is $99 in japan?

mM
Around the Network

Maybe some couldn't wait for FFXIII and bought a PS3 already... Then again the PS3 has nice game releases this holiday in Japan and some bought a PS3 now ... Or it must be a error..

yes soriku it is now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow 50k for ps3 nice hopefully it can keep up, also Cod4 has great legs 11k thats alot in Japan.

Why no one is arguing about the fact that PS3 is a very good Blu-Ray player ,if not the best, that costs less than many others not-so-good stand alone players  ? IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING.

Around the Network
ioi said:
I have no logical explanation for PS3 selling 50k this week

THE C3LL! of course

ps3 is not even going to slow down, with tekken 6, ninja gaiden, FFXIII hype, winning eleven, bayonetta, also the ps3 news is being more spread around etc, next week should be 47k

rccsetzer said:

Why no one is arguing about the fact that PS3 is a very good Blu-Ray player ,if not the best, that costs less than many others not-so-good stand alone players  ? IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING.

Cause their are blu ray players on the market who cost less (atleast in Japan) but I think in NA and EU aswell.

^^I have yet to see one

darthdevidem01 said:
h so its due to silver week

but then why did other consoles go down?

I'm not sure it is the reason, but it might explain it. As far as the other consoles go, both Wii and PSP will have a price cut next week. This should cause a sharp drop in sales once the news came out, yet both didn't drop by that much. As for DS, maybe it is slowing down after the Pokemon bump and the decrease because of this is larger than the increase in sales from Silver Week.