By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 FIRST REVIEW by PSM3.....21/20!!!! (can this be true?)!

kowenicki said:
can I just counter that though and say from what I have seen this game deserves as good a score as can realistically be given.... 9.9/10

You are such a PS3 fanboy.  It makes me sick.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

@PDF

IGN did give MGS4 an 11/10, they just said they couldn't score it an 11.

mM

Upon reviewing the posts in this thread, all I'm seeing is that-

A. The review site did this for shameless self-promotion
B. That this site is Playstation biased and predictably "over hyping" an exclusive
And/or C. 21/20 is blasphemy and proof that the review is not to be trusted

Well people, I'm going to propose a different possibility- D. That the reviewer was just WOWed that much by Uncharted 2.

T'is option D. not plausible? Or do I get an F for this post?

ph4nt said:
Carl2291 said:
ph4nt said:
Carl2291 said:
ph4nt said:
Carl2291 said:
Before i go for a shower i want to ask this.

Will the score of 21/20 be put onto Metacritic + Gamerankings?

I demand an answer for when im back!

No.

I haven't gone yet. But why not?

For one, they will never put a score above 100%, there is no extra credit in reviews.

They will take the 21/20 and translate it to 100%

That news saddens me.

I wanted PS3 GTA4 to be knocked off as Game of the Generation.

So Metacritic determines game of the generation? lol.

I challenge you to find someone who says GTA 4 is the best game of this generation, or if you go by all metacritic scores, the past 2 generations. Game journalism is so unprofessional practically anyone can write reviews and eventually get them up on metacritic. Plus it seems like games are rated on a 7-10 scale rather than a 0-10 scale. Anything with a metacritic score below 80 is usually considered a not so great game, which is completely ridiculous. 50 should be an average game, not bad, not amazing. 90-100 should be rare.

In the movie industry there are only a few 90+ movies a year. many fantastic movies are rated 40-50.

Game reviews going beyond 10/10 further shows how unprofessional the industry is, and it won't be taken seriously.

Im talking GameRankings, not Meta.

And PS3 GTA4 is the highest rated game this generation, so it is echnically the game of the gen.

Dont complain to me, or other users... complain to the people who game GTA4 perfect scores.

patapon said:

Upon reviewing the posts in this thread, all I'm seeing is that-

A. The review site did this for shameless self-promotion
B. That this site is Playstation biased and predictably "over hyping" an exclusive
And/or C. 21/20 is blasphemy and proof that the review is not to be trusted

Well people, I'm going to propose a different possibility- D. That the reviewer was just WOWed that much by Uncharted 2.

T'is option D. not plausible? Or do I get an F for this post?

E. Sony pays off this magazine as part of their new advertising campaign

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 will be the best game on the PS3, because Uncharted was before, and 2 will probably be better.

That being said, come on people. Saying a game is 21/20, that is better than perfect (it is not possible to be better than perfect, perfect means that NOTHING is better), is a completely rippable thing.

This will be the first game I pick up in 2012-13 when I get my PS3 for $129.99

@CGI-Quality

let it go man.....let it go

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

ph4nt said:
A Playstation magazine, giving a playstation game higher than 100%?

I set the credibility of this publication to 0.

If you had played the first you would realize just how great the second one has the potential to be.

From what I've read they really have expanded and perfected every aspect of the first game, which itself deserves a 10/10.

Hey I speak French aussi!

CGI-Quality said:

That's what I though too....

Indeed. I don't think the review score is saying that Uncharted 2 IS OBJECTIVLY THE BEST FOR EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE!!! I take it as "wow, this game really made someone happy."

Even if people disagree with the 21/20, doesn't it say something that a reviewer actaully felt it worthy of such a score?

I think it says something very positive to say the least...