By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 FIRST REVIEW by PSM3.....21/20!!!! (can this be true?)!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:
Maxwell - you really have a closed minded way of looking at this... what a review is suppose to do is rate how much fun the player had with the game... How does numbers translate that?

Well based on the "fun" meter, Brawl, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and LBP should all be 40/20 cause they're all about double the "fun" of Uncharted, Uncharted is more of a serious game with great story and tomb raderish gameplay, which isn't known for being "fun"

Were you there in that thread where I described how much I hated the word "fun" being used to describe games?

That thread was fun.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:
Maxwell - you really have a closed minded way of looking at this... what a review is suppose to do is rate how much fun the player had with the game... How does numbers translate that?

Well based on the "fun" meter, Brawl, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and LBP should all be 40/20 cause they're all about double the "fun" of Uncharted, Uncharted is more of a serious game with great story and tomb raderish gameplay, which isn't known for being "fun"

Were you there in that thread where I described how much I hated the word "fun" being used to describe games?

That thread was fun.

No... I wasnt.

EDIT: Who is this directed towards? Because I never describe a game as being fun. I just said a reviewers job is translating his enjoyment AKA fun into words/numbers

Uncharted 2 looks crazy...absolutely crazy...but 21/20? Very unrealistic. This is one reason why I'm against the scoring system.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

JEDE3 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:

That thread was fun.

No... I wasnt. But I hate people who describe threads with the word fun.

But this thread had Rol saying I was probably being sarcastic!

JEDE3 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:

That thread was fun.

No... I wasnt.

EDIT: Who is this directed towards? Because I never describe a game as being fun. I just said a reviewers job is translating his enjoyment AKA fun into words/numbers

Since I quoted Max, and Max was talking about fun in games, I think I was replying to you.

Around the Network

This is why I don't read score based reviews anymore

But scores like this are for 2 reasons, the fanatics and shameless self promotion, you score something above your own scale it's automatically going to get a lot of buzz. Which is why this is rather pointless.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

AnarchyWest said:
Lolcislaw said:

It is PSM3 so what do you expect, big hyped games will always get great results in official magazines (especially the exclusive ones). Im sure Uncharted 2 wil be great, but no game is perfect

Haze was hyped to be a "halo killer" and it received a 50 from US Playstation mag

50 is even higher than 21!

Uncharted 2 to be worse than Haze confirmed! =O

what's the difference between A and A+ because I got both in school and one time a teacher gave me 100 plus extra points for extara credit.

I hope it doesnt get a bunch of 10 scores so people's feeling wont get too hurt.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
what's the difference between A and A+ because I got both in school and one time a teacher gave me 100 plus extra points for extara credit.

I hope it doesnt get a bunch of 10 scores so people's feeling wont get too hurt.

A and A+ and A- = 4.0 GPA... no difference