By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 FIRST REVIEW by PSM3.....21/20!!!! (can this be true?)!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:
Maxwell - you really have a closed minded way of looking at this... what a review is suppose to do is rate how much fun the player had with the game... How does numbers translate that?

Well based on the "fun" meter, Brawl, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and LBP should all be 40/20 cause they're all about double the "fun" of Uncharted, Uncharted is more of a serious game with great story and tomb raderish gameplay, which isn't known for being "fun"

Are you saying Uncharted can't be as fun as the games you mentioned? That sounds so silly if true...

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Another overhyped game confirmed?

21/20 is something else though... ubber hyped game.

I guess I have a different definition to overhyping that most people here...

In all seriousness, 21/20 is a bit silly.  Also at the same time, PSM has been pretty harsh on Sony 1st and 2nd party exclusives.  The first Uncharted I would say was the very opposite of hype - bombed at the beginning (everyone here said it was doomed), but then picked up sales from word of mouth.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Am i spotting Buzzkill McGee in this thread?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

kowenicki said:
fun = subjective

pointless debate chaps.

Indeed, I was doing a bit of satire to make my point but I'm sure I was taken seriously.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

kowenicki said:
fun = subjective

pointless debate chaps.

Reviews = subjective

pointless thread.

pointless way of picking aaa

pointless websites such as metacritic.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
FinalEvangelion said:
disolitude said:

Another overhyped game confirmed?

21/20 is something else though... ubber hyped game.

I guess I have a different definition to overhyping that most people here...

In all seriousness, 21/20 is a bit silly.  Also at the same time, PSM has been pretty harsh on Sony 1st and 2nd party exclusives.  The first Uncharted I would say was the very opposite of hype - bombed at the beginning (everyone here said it was doomed), but then picked up sales from word of mouth.

You say overhype I say delicious drink

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
JEDE3 said:
Maxwell - you really have a closed minded way of looking at this... what a review is suppose to do is rate how much fun the player had with the game... How does numbers translate that?

Well based on the "fun" meter, Brawl, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, and LBP should all be 40/20 cause they're all about double the "fun" of Uncharted, Uncharted is more of a serious game with great story and tomb raderish gameplay, which isn't known for being "fun"

The reviewer and I both disagree.

Ah I see you already have the full retail version of a game not due out until Oct 13th, brilliant tell me how it is, give us all spoilers.

It was a fantastic experience. A masterpiece. One of the best games on the system. I am eagerly awaiting the sequel.

Three reactions in my mind right now:

1) Wot?

2) ROFL.

3) AWESOME!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

GOTY ^_^

This is no big deal, I mean, Metroid Prime Trilogy was like 29/10 XD