By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog "Maxed Out" The PS3 With Uncharted 2

I hate the phrase 'maxed out'. It shows that the person writing the article is clearly a journalist, not a programmer

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
Power of the cell maxed out !

the end of the world will be announced at TGS!

Amazing i want this game...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I actually truly believe this game has a great shot at GOTY.
what else stands a chance? MW2, GT5 i guess.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Theres more to come from PS3 yet. After all Uncharted 2 is no CryEngine 3. So dont worry Crysis 2, or any other decent developer that uses CryEngone 3 will have a more impressive technical game than Uncharted 2. The PS3 is not done yet. :)

Around the Network

Kaz must be pissed. Maxed out in 3 years, what are they gonna do with the other 7?

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this "maxed out" stuff, I'd be a Nigerian millionaire by now. Oops, can't say that...

I maxed out the PS3 with bogosort.

the video on cinematic mode is awesome. They really give you a huge array of tools to use :p

Check out my game about moles ^

selnor said:
Theres more to come from PS3 yet. After all Uncharted 2 is no CryEngine 3. So dont worry Crysis 2, or any other decent developer that uses CryEngone 3 will have a more impressive technical game than Uncharted 2. The PS3 is not done yet. :)

Well while you're not going to agree with this, i think uncharted 2 is way more impressive then crysis. It's about more than what you see visually in a frame. And a single still frame is all crysis has going for it. Animations are nowhere near uncharted, the AI is stupid, level design was pretty bad .. etc. There are many levels where uncharted 2 beats crysis and some of them are also visual.

Not only that but crytek is terrible at optimising their games.  But you're right the ps3 is not done yet, uncharted 3 will hopefully come.

Check out my game about moles ^