By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will PS3 perform in its second week of slim?

So it got 500K in 4 days?

I'll predict 400K+ worldwide.

Around the Network

Higher than 280K

4 ≈ One

prob 175-200k by end of 2nd week
i think it would have 800-850k by the end of the month

I think it might be a sharp drop...

170-210K is my guess.

I'd guess it sells about 75-80% of whatever it sells this week.

Around the Network

Over 300k WW should be considered a success although that really depends upon current production output, current shipping rates and how many are actually received by retail outlets for the week.

If there are mountains of unsold consoles indicating SCE planned on retailers moving more hardware than was actually the case, that would be a problem.

By the same token, if PS3 slims are in low supply and retailers are having trouble keeping them in stock in most local markets, any shortfall in sales is not the blame of low demand, but a failure on SCE to meet current demand.

If they can sustain over 200k sales per week prior to the holiday build up, I see no reason for complaint there so long as the holiday build up sales are proportionately larger.

I think the sales will be 240k worldwide next week.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

even after the 2nd week, ps3 should be selling the same amount as Wii per week

It all depends on the crazy world economy but there are a lot of PS2 owners that were waiting for this IMO, not to mention those who have the phat and want the slim. I have seen a ton more advertising about the $299 than I have almost anything from Sony thus far this generation.

My guess...400-450 worldwide next week if there is stock out there.

I don't see a HUGE drop in Japan, especially with the announcement of the Final Fantasy release date for Japan. I think Others will be the same or higher. Sales won't drop much if at all in US is my guess. We are all guessing though, who knows until then what the results will be.