By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will PS3 perform in its second week of slim?

~400k, assuming there is sufficient stock.

Around the Network

If PS3 has a better week than this in one of the regions MS and Nintendo must now look at the PS3 in a different way: they're starting being competitive for the marketshare.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

THIBoutros said:

200-250K.

This.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I'd say about half that. 250K

And I say this with absolutely nothing backing it up.

Half just feels like how any sales spike should go.

Millennium said:
Worldwide next week? Maybe 400K worldwide, then 200K the week after that, and then it will be right back into the normal sales curve. This is simply what happens with price drops and big refreshes this gen: a couple of weeks of boosted sales, followed by a crash and burn.

I don't think so, the 360 was still (until last month's price cut) enjoying a sustained increase in sales from it's 2008 cut.

And that was just a price drop, and not coupled with a re-design.

Back OT, I'm thinking ~300k-350k next week depending on (re)stock levels.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

380k ww

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

I think most of you are crazy, predicting way too high numbers. Hopefully I'm wrong and I'm the one who's crazy, but I'll say 200k-250k

Jp: 40k
NA: 80k
Eu/others: 90k-100k

Please prove me wrong though, I would love to see the battle heating up again this year!

@Gab: Don't forget the demand which couldnt get filled because of shortcomings

Life is short... It is all about priorities!

I am a Freerider 4 life, no matter if on a surfboard in the sea, a snowboard or ski in the mountains or the combo with a kite in the plains... Adrenaline's my engine and better than any video game can ever be - Check it out! ^.^b

WW 1M

After having underestimated 1st week sales, I think it is only ntaural to overestimate the 2nd week...

Now, I think what the 1st week showed was that people were hungry for this slim/price cut PS3 and Sony did a good job advertising it which inflated the % rises they are screaming out in every country.

Speaking of percentages, I would go with a 50% drop off everywhere in the world with maybe a bit higher (60-65% drop) in Japan.

That would give us about 230k week 2.

Amen

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.