By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will PS3 perform in its second week of slim?

1st wk 500k.. second week 250k.. deduct 50k for the 2 wks after.. shd settle at 120k

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
lazyrider said:
After having underestimated 1st week sales, I think it is only ntaural to overestimate the 2nd week...

Now, I think what the 1st week showed was that people were hungry for this slim/price cut PS3 and Sony did a good job advertising it which inflated the % rises they are screaming out in every country.

Speaking of percentages, I would go with a 50% drop off everywhere in the world with maybe a bit higher (60-65% drop) in Japan.

That would give us about 230k week 2.

Amen

Pretty reasonable assumption.

We'll find out in about a week. Mid to high 200ks seems like the even money bet.

200-250k is a good range. Just wanna see ps3 outsell xbox360 lmao.
but i dunno... Halo ODST is coming out so we will see.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I think that if Ps3 manages to sell over 500k for another week a lot of people will explode, maybe also myself LOL
It's true that a 50% drop seems rasonable, but 250k (counting 500k for this week) seems too low for me, with also the supply constrain for some regions/markets. As i said, if this week is confirmed 500k (and not 450 or 400, like maybe is really) i think next will be 300k at least.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I'd say a 50-75% drop for Japan, and a 40-60% drop in NA/Others.

Whatever that works out to.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
gustave154 said:
200-250k is a good range. Just wanna see ps3 outsell xbox360 lmao.
but i dunno... Halo ODST is coming out so we will see.

Probably good numbers for ODST in USA only but not for x360 hardware, all have a xbox and Halo 3, why rebuy?

PS3 hardware will outsell x360 in USA until.... 2016

I'll say 400K. While it is a multi-plat Beatles will probably give a pretty decent boost in America and definitely in Britian. We probably wont see 50-60K in Britian again but I wouldn't be surprised to see 45K. Plus there will probably be a bit of carryover from last week in Japan since the slim wasn't released there till Thursday.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

guys the slim is not even out in canada yet, next week will not drop b/c:

demand, and greater availability, news spread by word

LOL I'm from Canada, and I don't think you want to rely on us to keep the 500K WW number steady for another week..

That said, I was astounded by the numbers this week, so I think 350K-400K is reasonable for another week, simply cause the thing is still so spankin' new. After that the drop-off may be swift as people wait for the holidays. But an enormous late-year surge, fueled by GT5 and FFXIII, should be plenty sufficient to keep the PS3 above the 360 and Wii heading into the new year.

It's all about the game.

PS3 sales first week was 500k.
2nd week= 1.5mil
3rd week= 2.3mil
4th week= 2.9mil
5th week= 3.7mil

PS3 sales by end of this generation= 2bil

PS3 sales each week will increase drastically while the Wii/360 sales will drop each week.