By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will PS3 perform in its second week of slim?

It'll be more than 100k, but not much. Then when the 17th comes around, bam 200k. Later on in December, over 9000k.

Around the Network

who knows but dont be to quick to judge guys. do we even know if the ps3 really did sell 500k this week? it could be less or more. the only thing we do know is 150k in japan and a huge increase in UK.

Im guessing 250k+.

300k-400k

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
who knows but dont be to quick to judge guys. do we even know if the ps3 really did sell 500k this week? it could be less or more. the only thing we do know is 150k in japan and a huge increase in UK.

Actually the post has been updated from 450k-550k to 500k-600k

Check out my game about moles ^

To hard to say. If Sony's ability to predict first week sales were as bad as everyone else's on this site than we may be looking at supply constrant issues for the slim.

I'm more interested in the holiday totals. If GT5 really does come out this year, along with FF13 in Japan, I think the number's will stay strong well into next year. At least in the 250k per week range.

Over 350k worldwide would be surprising, as would under 250k.

Will sell 400k WW and blow everybody away again next week. People have been waiting for this to happen for months across the globe, surely they are not all satisfied yet and they wont wait until holidays either. Sony will sell 2 million PS3's in September alone easily.

Sony sold 500-600k PS3's in 4 days and no retailer are complaining about being supply constrained. Go back and carefully read some of the GDC 2009 Sony Rep interviews on the $299 announcement reaction/exceptions, they clearly expected this to happen, their survey are surely telling them something that we don't know, its not like Sony are taking shots in the dark here.
I think people are underestimating the brand and Sony's ability to summon up 15 years of experience selling the PlayStation, just like they underestimated Nintendo.

JP: 105k
US: starts to get momentum 210k
EU/Rest: 115k

WW: 430k the next week

Life is short... It is all about priorities!

I am a Freerider 4 life, no matter if on a surfboard in the sea, a snowboard or ski in the mountains or the combo with a kite in the plains... Adrenaline's my engine and better than any video game can ever be - Check it out! ^.^b