By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will PS3 perform in its second week of slim?

I matches my launch week prediction. Now, the second week:

JP: ~110k
NA: ~90k
WU: ~150k

WW: ~350k

The gap PS360 at the end of year will be below 5 million in 360 favor.

Around the Network

200k - 250k seems the most reasonable, but hey, the wildest fanboy guess for week one was arround 350k so...

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

my guess is ur guess plus 1000% increase, judging by ps3 sales this week, japan will drop, but PAL will grow even more with NA staying the same

300k probably, then hopefully about 250k and then stay the same through October (fingers are very crossed here) and then up again in November, but I need to do more research

Around the Network

Worldwide next week? Maybe 400K worldwide, then 200K the week after that, and then it will be right back into the normal sales curve. This is simply what happens with price drops and big refreshes this gen: a couple of weeks of boosted sales, followed by a crash and burn.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

The size of the drop is hard to say, Depends on how much of the demand was satisfied last week and how many people waited until this week, I haven't heard of any shortages of the Slim so it could be that most of the demand has been satisfied, in which case a drop could be huge.

My guess is under 300K for this week and around 200K for next week, then a continued drop-off through the rest of September and October into the low to mid 100K's before rising again sometime around the holiday season

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

200K - 300K

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It's just that simple.

Just for the lulz, I would love to see no change in sales or a slight increase. It would be sooooo fun to watch this place explode.