By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If the 360 can't do graphics like the PS3, HOW can it do THIS?

NKAJ said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Sweep said:
Aion said:
Yeah the 360 has graphics on par with ps3.

re build to match each other and can't use all the respective power of each console

Then how come most 3rd party games look worse on the PS3?

Are developers to blame?

Or Sony?

When you say "had" are you talking about the time before Killzone 2?

What about Forza 3? Won't that game raise the console graphics bar when it's released before Uncharted 2, at least for a time?

What multiplatform developers have succeeded on the PS3 in terms of graphical superiority? Any?

im sorry but while most 3rd party gmaes do look better on xbox  you cant keep saying xbox has better graphics because blah blah blah is coming out,say some games that actually ARE out,because good looking games are coming out on ps3 as well.xbox has a larger userbase and so it would be resonable to concentrate on that format more.btw in cod4 the developer guy actually said "you can see we put our best people on ps3,it shows"

A. PS3 fans touted the excellent graphics on KZ2, while the game was in demo stages and long before.

B. I wrote, "The PS3 probably has more graphical potential than the 360, but the difference is much slighter than originally assumed."

C. No multiplat has had significant graphical superiority on the PS3, and most have been graphically superior on the 360.

D. This is basically the "KZ2 exists" argument, and a major reason that Sony even created that game, imo. To give people like you, this argument.

E. The CoD guy put his best people on the PS3 version, and it shows, because it's not inferior, like most other multiplats.

F. The only judge of graphical superiority is top end released games. The bar keeps being set higher.

Before KZ2, the best looking game on consoles was Gears 2. There is only one game currently released that looks better on a console than the top 360 game. That'll change, but so will the top 360 game, graphically, as Forza 3, and future high budget games are released. The difference in hd console graphics this gen is minute, and that is obvious to most people who judge them off of reality, and not presumption or hope. The PS3 has the best looking game right now. The 360 on average has a better looking library, and overall, there isn't much difference at all. Apples and oranges.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Wow zen. Most games look better on xbox360? They all look the same right now. When the ps3 came out they multi plats were better on 360 yeah. But now they look pretty much the same on both consoles. And I won't comment about 360 exclusives since I don't really know of any that have great graphics. Don't like gears 2. Looks pretty much the same as gears and UT3. God I loved gears. Even with all its bugs that game with split screen online was the best.

NKAJ said:
once i see killzone 2 graphics on xbox360 then i will agree with the statement

ever heard of crysis 2?

mansirguy said:
NKAJ said:

ever heard of crysis 2?

ever heard of "out now"

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

kowenicki said:
it can do graphics like the PS3.... there is no difference worth mentioning.

This

Around the Network
NKAJ said:
mansirguy said:
NKAJ said:

ever heard of crysis 2?

ever heard of "out now"

d bag its saying if the 360 can handle graphics not what has the best looking game out

JerCotter7 said:
Wow zen. Most games look better on xbox360? They all look the same right now. When the ps3 came out they multi plats were better on 360 yeah. But now they look pretty much the same on both consoles. And I won't comment about 360 exclusives since I don't really know of any that have great graphics. Don't like gears 2. Looks pretty much the same as gears and UT3. God I loved gears. Even with all its bugs that game with split screen online was the best.

Many people haven't played enough of Gears to see the improvements. It's alot ahead of Gears 1. The underground cave was amazing as was the beast chase gameplay. I'm not saying one console is ahead of the other. But Gears 2 is right behind KZ2. It's a damn good looking game.

mansirguy said:
NKAJ said:
mansirguy said:
NKAJ said:

ever heard of crysis 2?

ever heard of "out now"

d bag its saying if the 360 can handle graphics not what has the best looking game out

just looking at your sig i realise its pointless arguing with you...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

selnor said:
JerCotter7 said:

Many people haven't played enough of Gears to see the improvements. It's alot ahead of Gears 1. The underground cave was amazing as was the beast chase gameplay. I'm not saying one console is ahead of the other. But Gears 2 is right behind KZ2. It's a damn good looking game.

I didn't get gears 2 so I said I wouldn't comment on it. I thought the story sucked in the first and played the hell out of the online. \also KZ2 wasn't really that impressive to me. I mush rathered uncharted. But that is because I rather a game for storyline than graphics.

But I'm just questioning Zen about saying that most games look better on 360. When pretty much everyone who thinks clearly would agree that they look the same.

Aren't racing games much easier to be made to look nice than any other genre?
I was thinking about this earlier, and really there is no "best graphical game ever", there is only "best graphics for a genre".

One thing for sure though, on release.... Forza 3 will be the best looking RACING game on consoles.